JVC has announced the new JVC GC-PX10 - a new version of the JVC GC-PX1
which we had a look at here
- it features a 10x optical zoom lens, 12 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor, and provides high speed video at up to 300fps, and high speed photo shooting at up to 60fps at 8.3 megapixels (up to 130 images) and 30fps at 12 megapixels (up to 100 images). The camera comes with 32gb of memory built in for up to 3 hours of Full HD video recording, and 7100 still shots at 12 megapixels. It will also allow you to take 8.3 megapixel photos while recording video. The camera will be available this month in the US for $899.
Other features include: Time lapse video, FalconBrid processor, optical image stabilisation, tilting touch screen, Intelligent Auto, Manual controls, Eye-fi compatible. More information is available on JVC's camera website
JVC GC-PX10 Features List
- 32GB Built-in Flash Memory
- Memory Card Slot for SDXC/SDHC/SD
- Full HD 1920×1080/60P Recording
- 36Mbps High Bit Rate Recording
- FALCONBRID Engine
- Extract Stills from 36Mbps Full HD Video
- Up to 300fps Ultra High-Speed Video Recording (approx. 2 hours)
- Up to 60fps 8.3M Stills Continuous Shooting
- 12M Stills 30fps Continuous Shooting
- Simultaneous Full HD Video & 8.3M Still Shooting
- KONICA MINOLTA HD LENS
- 10x Optical Zoom / 19x Dynamic Zoom* / 64x Digital Zoom
- Super LoLux & 12.75M Back-Illuminated CMOS Sensor for bright images even in low-light situations
- Optical Image Stabilizer & Advanced Image Stabilizer
- High Sensitivity ISO6400 / Real 12M Stills with No Interpolation
- Intelligent AUTO
- iFrame Video Recording Mode
- Face Recognition
- Smile Meter / Smile Shot (still mode)
- Time-Lapse REC / Auto REC
- K2 Technology for High Quality Sound
- 3.0-inch Tiltable Touch Panel LCD Monitor
- Easy-control Mode Dial
- HDMI® Output (Mini)
- Built-in Auto Flash
- Easy Upload to YouTube™ / Facebook / Vimeo
- Easy Export to iTunes (iPad Compatible)
- Eye-Fi Card Ready for Wi-Fi Connection**
- LoiLoScope FX Software (Windows®) Provided
*18x when Advanced Image Stabilizer set to ON.
New JVC Video/Still Hybrid Camera Offers Pro-Level Performance and Features
WAYNE, NJ, October 3, 2011 – JVC today announced a new digital camera that uses a new high speed imaging engine to shoot both high quality digital still images and stunning Full HD video. The JVC GC-PX10 is a true hybrid camera that shoots 12 megapixel stills and Full HD 1920 x 1080/60p video. In addition, it offers such professional-level capabilities as 60 shots per second still image shooting, 300 frames-per-second video recording for high-quality super-slow motion and the ability to capture pristine still images from video.
At the heart of the GC-PX10 is JVC’s new FALCONBRID high speed imaging engine, first seen in JVC’s Full HD 3D camcorder, the GS-TD1. FALCONBRID is a single-chip technology with the processing power to allow the GC-PX10 to record Full HD progressive video at 36Mbps for rich, detailed images. In addition, the camera can shoot 8.3 megapixel stills while recording Full HD video for clear, high-quality still images from recorded video. The camera’s image sensor is a 1/2.3” 12.75 megapixel back-Illuminated CMOS sensor.
Digital still shooting in real time offers up to 12 megapixel resolution (4000 x 3000). An ISO6400 mode is available for increased sensitivity when shooting in dark environments. Rapid-fire still shooting of 8.3 megapixel (3840 x 2160) stills is possible at 60 shots-per-second, up to 130 shots total per burst, or 12 megapixel stills at 30 frames-per-second. This surpasses the capabilities of digital SLR cameras currently available.
For super-slow motion shooting, the GC-PX10 can shoot video at 300 frames-per-second. Image resolution is VGA (640 x 360), making it more than sufficient for online posting and viewing. But more importantly, this mode can be used for approximately two hours straight. So, to offer an extreme example, it’s possible to record an entire soccer game in super-slow motion.
Other features that will appeal to the serious shooter include optical image stabilization with JVC’s Advanced Image Stabilizer, 10X optical zoom (19x Dynamic Zoom with no image degradation when zoomed), KONICA MINOLTA HD LENS, a mode dial for both automatic and manual settings (white balance, aperture and shutter), microphone output and headphone input.
The camera offers 32GB of internal memory, SDXC/SDHC card slot, tiltable three-inch touch panel monitor, HDMI output and bundled LoiLoScope FX software for Windows®.
The JVC GC-PX10 will be available this month for $899.95.
JVC GC-PX10 Specifications
|Max Aperture||f/2.8 - f/4.5|
|35mm equivalent||37.4mm - 374mm|
|CCD pixels||12.75Mp (Megapixels)|
|Sensor Type||Back-lit CMOS (B.S.I.)|
|Sensor Size (width)||No Data|
|Sensor Size (height)||No Data|
|Min Focus||No Data|
- Face Detection
- AF Tracking
- Zoom macro
- Touch AF
|Shutter speeds shortest||No Data|
|Shutter speeds longest||No Data|
- Centre-weighted - Average
- Multi Pattern
|ISO sensitivity||100 - 6400|
|Exposure Comp||No Data|
|Optical Zoom with Video||Yes|
|Battery Type||No Data|
|CIPA Rating||No Data|
|Box Contents||No Data|
View Full Product Details