Sony expand their range of Cyber-shot cameras with eight new models. The new line-up includes:
- DSC-HX20V: compact, powerful and perfect for travel with 20x optical zoom and effective 18.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- DSC-WX100: world’s smallest and lightest camera*1 with 10x optical zoom and effective 18.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- DSC-WX150: 10x optical zoom and effective 18.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS Sensor with 3 inch LCD screen
- DSC-HX200V: ultra 30x optical zoom with effective 18.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS Sensor and manual controls
- DSC-TX20: water/freeze/dust/shock-proof with effective 16.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- DSC-W690: slim and easy to use with 10x optical zoom and 16.1 megapixels
- DSC-HX10V: 16x optical zoom and effective 18.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- DSC-H90: 16x optical zoom and effective 16.1 megapixels
The HX20, WX100 and W690 feature an Advanced Aspherical (AA) lens which means the cameras can have a longer zoom range but yet keep the small bodies photographers are used to seeing in the Cyber-shot range. The WX100 has a 10x optical zoom range and all the new cameras except the W690 and H90 have Pixel Super Resolution technology built in which doubles the optical zoom range without sacrificing image quality or resolution. Optical SteadyShot now offers enhanced image stabilisation when zoomed-in, both for still and movies. When compared with previous Sony Cyber-shot models, noise levels are also significantly reduced*3
The new range of cameras is headed by the HX20V with its quick autofocus, 20x optical zoom, AVCHD Full HD 50p video recording, artistic Picture Effect modes, 3D shooting and GPS. For those who want to spend a little less money there's the HX10V model that has 18.2 effective megapixels and a 16x optical zoom range.
The WX100 is the world’s smallest, lightest camera*1
to offer a powerful 10x optical zoom range and the WX150 offers all of the features of the WX100 but boasts an even larger LCD screen.
With an ultra-powerful 30x optical zoom range and easy DSLR-style manual controls,
the HX200V offers big-camera performance with the portability of a compact. Features include Full HD 50p video, Superior Auto, high-speed autofocus, Picture Effect, 3D shooting and quick AF speed.
The TX20 is waterproof to 5m, can survive drops from heights of 1.5m and is dust and freeze proof. For wide shots, take a look at the H90 with its 16x optical zoom range and 24mm wide angle lens. Your creative options are broadened further with enhanced Optical SteadyShot, iAUTO, 360 Sweep Panorama and Picture Effect.
The last camera making up Sony's new range is the W690 with its 10x optical zoom lens, Enhanced Optical SteadyShot, 360 Sweep Panorama and iAuto mode.
The new Cyber-shot HX200VE is available in the UK from mid March 2012 and the H90 and HX10 digital cameras by Sony are available in the UK from mid April 2012. The Cyber-shot TX20, HX20V,W690, WX100 and WX150 are available from mid-May 2012.
WX100 is the world’s thinnest camera among compact digital cameras with 10x optical zoom. WX100 is also the world’s smallest and lightest in this class. Based on Sony data, as of announcement date. 17.5 mm (excluding lens) at thinnest part and 21.6 mm at thickest part.
Simulated results when compared with Cyber-shot models that employ conventional noise reduction. Based on Sony testing.
Maximum read speed with UHS-I interface.
For more information please visit the Sony