Edges is one of the most popular Photoshop plug-ins and has been updated with
14 new effects plus the ability to brush on effects and interact with the creative
process at a new level.
The new effects with Photo/Graphic Edges 6.0 include: Acid Brush - Ambient
Brush - Burned Edges - Distort Edge - Edge Brush - Edges - Frames - Montage
- Photo Border - Photo Tabs - Putty Brush - Smudged Edge - Transfer - Vignette.
PGE 6.0 also includes 3 CDs of professionally created content to help users
quickly achieve the look they desire. Included are over 10,000 edge effects,
1,000 matte surface textures, hundreds of color frames, vignettes and other
Some of the edge styles found in Photo/Graphic Edges 6.0 include:
- Torn and Ripped
- Film Frames
- Watercolor Fadeouts
- Rubbed Charcoal
- Splattered Airbrush
- Etched Scratchboard
- Darkroom Transfers
- Brushed Acrylics
- Rough and Gritty
- Abstract Shapes
"Photo/Graphic Edges 6.0 offers imaging enthusiasts a rich set of creative
tools for enhancing their photographs" says Cliff Weems, Founder and CEO,
"Photo/Graphic Edges now features layers, visual presets, unlimited undo / redo
functionality and a rich set of brush on effects for exacting control over where
the image is enhanced.
Version 6.0 now offers more than just edges and borders - new creative brush
on effects let the user interact with effects like Burned Edges and create their
own unique Brushed Edges using watercolor, charcoal, oils, and other media."
Who Will Benefit From This Software? Digital camera owners, graphic designers,
professional photographers, web designers and anyone involved with digital imaging.
New Features in Photo/Graphic Edges 6.0
Photo/Graphic Edges 6.0 is a major upgrade offering 14 new effects for users
to work with. Features in this release include:
- PGE 6.0 now lets you combine different edges together onscreen and dynamically
reshape and transform them to create new edge looks. This is a very powerful
- PGE 6.0 is built on a powerful framework that uses effect layers, visual
presets, layer presets and dynamic effect controls that allow users to rapidly
explore new looks and quickly achieve the desired effect they are after.
- PGE 6.0 includes 12 new effects : Acid Brush - Burned Edges - Edge Brush
- Edges - Frames - Media Brush - Montage - Photo Border - Photo Tabs - Putty
Brush - Transfer - Vignette
- PGE 6.0 includes over 1000 surface textures that can be used as mattes behind
the edges. Also included are hundreds of lighting tiles, brush shapes, surfaces
and other creative content
- PGE 6.0 includes advanced Lighting, Shading, Shadow Generation, Blending
Modes, Opacity Rendering, Edge Coloring, Visual Catalogs of Effects and Effect
- PGE 6.0 is fully backward compatible with previous versions of Photo/Graphic
- PGE 6.0 allows users to create, save and load up their own customized edges
Photo/Graphic Edges 6.0 Feature Highlights
- Photo/Graphic Edges ships with both a stand-alone application and a Photoshop
compatible plug-in that works in popular programs like Photoshop, Elements
and Paint Shop Pro
- Effects are Resolution Independent. You can apply an effect to a small image
and get the same result on a different sized or much larger image. This feature
is useful for preparing content for both print and the web.
- Users can build effects using SmartLayers that work together to make
a composite effect.
- Supports Adobe Photoshop Actions, Layers and Last Filter Commands.
- Supports unlimited Undo / Redo. Memory Dot functionality allows you to click
and capture a look so you can explore and then come back to that same look
at a later date.
- Paragraph length Tool Tips containing detailed instructions pop up when
the mouse is held over a control for several seconds.
- User defined visual presets can be saved for capturing the exact look of
an effect for later use.
Presets save a small thumbnail for visual reference when selecting a preset
at a later date.
- File loading and saving support for: .psd, .tif, .bmp, .jpg, and .png file
formats. Saving in Photoshop .psd format will export the effect onto a layered
document with full transparency.
System Requirements & Product Compatibility
Windows 98/NT/2000/2000 ME/XP
Macintosh 9.0 or higher including full native support for OSX or higher - Requires
a G3 or higher
Minimum 256MB of RAM required / 512MB of RAM or higher recommended