Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Sony has announced the new Sony 500mm f/4 G SSM Alpha mount lens, with a dust and moisture resistant design and bright f/4.0 aperture it is compatible with the 1.4x (AF/MF) and 2x (MF) telconverters. The lens gives the equivalent of 750mm on an APS-C camera such as the Sony Alpha A65 or A77, is available from late March and will be built to order.
Sony 500mm f/4 G SSM Lens Features:
- Longest-ever focal length G Lens from Sony
- Bright F4.0 aperture for superior light gathering
- Nano AR Coating on optical surfaces for flawless still images and HD video
- Compatible with SteadyShot INSIDE featured in all α cameras
- New SSM drive circuit for quick, accurate autofocus
- Rugged dust- and moisture-resistant design: ideal partner for SLT-A77
- Enhanced handling and operability
Sony 500mm F4 G SSM SAL500F40G Specifications
|Angle of View||No Data|
|Filter Size||No Data|
|Internal focusing||No Data|
|Box Contents||No Data|