Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Portable Flash and Lighting|
New UK distributor for Quantum Instruments - The specialist portable flash and battery manufacturer Quantum has moved from Hasselblad to a new UK company Flaghead Photographic Limited, headed up by ex Hasselblad UK director Hardy Haase.
For over 20 years Quantum Instruments have been the world leader in the development and manufacture of external battery packs, which greatly shorten recycling times for flashguns and provide greater capacity for flashguns and digital cameras. Today 6 different batteries are available, catering for different demands and applications: Quantum QB1+, QB1Compact, QB2, Turbo, Turbo Compact & Turbo 2x2.
The famous Quantum Radio Slave has freed thousands of photographers from the problems and restrictions associated with cables in the studio and on location, as it allows reliable, wire-free triggering of flash units and cameras. This technology has taken another leap forward when the digital FreeXWire was launched more recently.
The Quantum QFlash system is unique! It is the only portable, battery operated flash unit that combines the very latest in technology found in sophisticated on-camera flashes (Nikon, Canon, Metz etc) with the creative possibilities of shaping the light only offered by studio flash equipment! The QFlash gives you full TTL (even wireless TTL), auto-thyristor, manual or stroboscopic option,s while a fully interchangeable reflector system allows realisation of your full creative lighting potential.
For more details please visit www.flaghead.co.uk
Quantum Product News
- Canon 580EX A variety of Quantum batteries can now be used with this excellent flashgun, using the following cables: CZ, CCZ, MB5 & XB5
- Nikon D70 This popular digital camera can be powered by the Turbo & Turbo 2X2 using the CD100 cable OR the Turbo Compact using the YDC100 cable
- Leaf Valeo & Aptus Digital Back The Turbo 2X2 with the SD16 cable will power these backs on location or where mains usage is not convenient
- Sinar Digital Backs & Action Module The Turbo 2X2 with the SD12 cable will power many Sinar backs and the Sinar Action Module.
- Mobile Phones & PDAs extra long usage periods are assured by using the Turbo 2X2 with the SD14 adapter
More details can be found here