Nik Software have released the second version of their Viveza software which will be available in December. Using U point technology, images can be adjusted by pointing and clicking, then using the simple sliders to adjust brightness, contrast, etc.
Nik Software have announced Viveza 2, an upgrade to its award winning and revolutionary plug-in for selective colour and light control. Available in December, Viveza 2 now offers users robust global adjustments and precise selective controls that utilise Nik Software’s award-winning U Point technology. Viveza 2 eliminates the need to create complicated selections or layer masks and provides a powerful solution for users looking to save time and effort when editing images.
“New global image controls added to Viveza’s powerful selective editing capabilities now enable users to quickly and easily perform virtually all of their color and light adjustments within a single step,
” said Michael J. Slater president and CEO of Nik Software. “New features such as shadow recovery, structure control, increased precision of selections, and user interface improvements together give users ultimate control, enabling truly spectacular results.
Viveza 2, powered by Nik Software’s patented U Point technology, is the most powerful and precise tool available to globally and selectively control light and color in photographs. With U Point technology, users can quickly select areas of an image to adjust by pointing and clicking and then using simple to use sliders to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, structure, red, green, blue, hue, and warmth in a fraction of the time needed by other tools.
Key features of Viveza 2 include:
- Powerful Color Control Points, enabling precise selective control of color and light
- New global image adjustments
- New and powerful levels and curves adjustments
- New shadow recovery—global or selective
- New fine detail structure enhancements
- Improved color rendering and increased precision of selections
- Improved timesaving user interface, including improved slider controls, slider favorites, multiple zoom states, keyboard nudging, grouped Color Control Points, and multiple undo levels
- Smart Filter support (Photoshop only)
- Selective Brush tool (Photoshop only)
- Multi-image support (Lightroom and Aperture only)
- New 64-bit support on Microsoft Windows
Nik Software’s Viveza 2, offering support for Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Apple Aperture, will be available via electronic and boxed delivery directly from Nik Software
or through specialty camera retailers. Viveza 2 retails for $199.95. Customers that already own Viveza can upgrade for $99.95. Customers who have purchased Viveza after September 22, 2009 will be eligible for a free upgrade to Viveza 2.