Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II lens - Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II lens has been specially developed to provide a compact DX lens equipped with Nikon's compact SWM (Silent Wave Motor).
Nikon UK is pleased to announce the ideal companion for their newest, smallest and most affordably-priced digital SLR, the D40. The 18-55mm Zoom-Nikkor lens will be included with D40 digital SLR kits. Incorporating cutting-edge Nikon optical technologies such as ED glass and aspherical lens elements, the lens will help customers enjoy superior image quality, when combined with the D40.
The lens offers users the popular 3x 18-55mm focal length range, enabling users to take everything from tight portraits to wide-angle landscapes. Due to the compact SWM, the AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II lens offers fast, quiet and smooth autofocus performance.
To ensure image quality, the AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II features an ED glass element which minimizes chromatic aberration, and a hybrid aspherical lens element which reduces astigmatism and other forms of distortion while ensuring high resolution and contrast. External lens design has also been improved for smoother zoom operability.
AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II Major Features
- Offers the popular focal range of 18-55mm (picture angle equivalent to a 27-82.5mm lens in the 35mm format) for use in a variety of situations.
- Compact SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet and smooth autofocusing.
- An ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration, and a hybrid aspherical lens element minimizes astigmatism and other forms of distortion while ensuring high resolution and contrast.
- Compact and lightweight, making it easy to carry.
- Optical performance highly complements Nikon digital SLR cameras.
- Ideally complements the D40 kit.
- The seven-blade rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
This lens is designed exclusively for use with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras and is not compatible with 35mm or IX240 format film cameras.
Specifications, design, product name, standard accessories, and release schedule may differ by country or area.
Price and availibility
Nikon Corporation will launch the AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II worldwide from December 2006.