Nikon UK is pleased to announce its simplest, most accessible DSLR to date, the D3000. The new model is packed with user friendly, intuitive features which have been designed to guide DSLR first timers towards capturing professional looking images at the click of a button.
Jordi Brinkman, Product Manager for Nikon Europe says: “The D3000 dispels the view that DSLR cameras are complicated and makes taking great pictures simpler than ever before. You can really concentrate on having fun with photography and the Guide mode helps you to get the best results with the minimum of fuss.”
DSLR, pure and simple
The D3000 is designed for anyone who wants to take pictures without worrying about settings. You can select the type of subject or scene and the camera will do the rest, ensuring the correct parameters are set for the perfect shot, and the instant response time means you never miss a moment. The 11-point autofocus system ensures everyone is in focus, and the bright viewfinder means you get what you want, when you want it.
Great pictures, automatically
The 10.2 megapixel sensor, powerful EXPEED processing system and brilliant NIKKOR lenses ensure excellent pictures wherever you are, whatever you or your subject is doing. The comprehensive exposure metering system, ISO 1600 sensitivity and built-in pop up flash make light work of dark places.
Guide the way
The new intelligent Guide mode demystifies the often complex world of digital SLR photography by helping DSLR first timers to get the most from their images by recommending the appropriate settings for their subject or scene. The visual demonstrations help you to pre-visualise the end result and teach you how to improve your photography skills by clearly identifying the settings used to achieve the image. Once you have mastered the basic skills you can take your photography to the next level by testing out the more creative options within the guide mode.
3-inch LCD screen
The 3-inch LCD screen means you can share your efforts with family and friends and makes retouching your pictures in-camera great fun. Beyond the Guide mode, the GUI menus are larger and simpler to use thanks to extensive use of visuals instead of text. The wide variety of exciting in-camera processing effects means you can get really creative with your pictures and share them with friends and family.
Anytime and anywhere
Whatever you do, wherever you go, the D3000 is a must have for any family event or day out. The camera’s comprehensive technologies and tough exterior are ready to handle whatever your free time can throw at it. The exclusive dust reduction system with Airflow control minimises the impact of dust on the image sensor and its compact size and weight – and tough housing – on both body and lens make the D3000 impossible to leave behind.
- 10.2megapixel CCD sensor: Even in low light the image resolution makes easy work of big prints and sharp enlargements.
- 11-point autofocus system: Keeps even the fastest moving subjects in focus, often the biggest challenge for compact cameras
- Fast response: The start up time and shutter lag means you can capture the shot almost instantly, without the delayed response time common of compact cameras
- Guide mode: Simply the easiest way to get great pictures, without having to read the manual
- 3-inch TFT: With pictures this good, you will need a great screen to share them with friends and family
- EXPEED image processing: Exclusive system to deliver rich, bright results close to what you saw with your own eyes
- Picture Controls: Lets you set the look and mood of your images before you shoot
- 3 fps continuous shooting allows you to capture fast-moving action at 3 frames per second
- Intuitive ergonomics: We challenge anyone to pick up a D3000 and it not to feel part of your hand
- Stylish discrete appearance: The D3000 does not become a barrier between you and your subject, resulting in natural looking expressions
- Compact, light and durable: It won’t fit in your pocket, but with pictures this good you will find a shoulder to hang it on.
The Nikon D3000 has an RRP of £429.99 body only or £499.99 with the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 and will be available towards the end of August.
Go to the Nikon website
for more information.