Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Nikon Capture updated - Nikon have released a combined update/trial version of Capture NX. It's available to download now and fixes a number of bugs.
This software can either be used as a fully functional 30-day trial version of Capture NX or as an updater for Capture NX. This version includes many fixes for some issues that occurred with Capture NX version 1.0.1
- Adds support for Windows Vista
- The following tool palettes can now be enlarged Levels & Curves dialog, LCH…dialog and Photo Info Palette
- The Browser view can now be changed using a shortcut
- An issue that prevented borderless printing, has been resolved.
- An issue that prevented images, which had markers created in Nikon Capture 4 or PictureProject, with names that included an ampersand (&), from opening in Capture NX has been resolved.
If after the trial period, you decide to purchase a full CD version of Capture NX then please contact your local authorised Nikon dealer.
Capture NX supports three different file formats that can be used to save any edited image file: the NEF (RAW) format, the TIFF format, and the JPEG format. Capture NX provides RAW support to the entire line of Nikon digital cameras that product NEF RAW files. Supported cameras include:
SLR D1 / D1H / D1X / D100 / D2H / D2Hs / D2x / D2Xs / D200 / D40/ D50 / D70 / D70s / D80
COOLPIX 5000 / 5400 / 5700 / 8400 / 8700 / 8800
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista (32 bit version)
*All pre-installed models only
Pentium III 1 GHz or better
Pentium 4 (2 GHz or better or recommended)
256 MB minimum
1 GB recommended
You can access the update/trial page here.