Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Nikon Capture 4.2 announced - Nikon introduced upgrade to the Nikon Capture software
Including all of the tools necessary to enable PTP over IP wireless remote control of a Nikon D2X camera, the new version maintains full backwards compatibility whilst adding increased sophistication.
- D-Lighting replaces digital DEE from version 4.1. It offers a choice of high speed or high quality adjustments to highlights or shadows in high contrast lighting situations.
- Photo Effects tool replaces the Colour Balance tool with more refined options.
- A new Straighten tool instantly levels horizons in a click and drag operation.
- A new Marker tool which enables editing steps to be tracked and undone faster.
- The new LCH editor now enables individual adjustments to Lightness, Chroma and Hue in addition to the general Curves tool.
- Simpler Batch processing is possible by just dragging desired settings from the current image to any or all others in the Multi-image window.
- This increasingly sophisticated list of tools are organised simply in a Find Tool list.
- The software is ‘Nikon Message Centre’ enabled to keep the customers automatically updated with software upgrades whenever they are online.
Price and availablity
£119.99 - sale release date to be confirmed