Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Nikon has announced the launch of the Coolpix P330 compact camera. Read our Nikon Coolpix P330 hands-on preview.
The new Coolpix P330 raises the standard for advanced compact cameras, with a bright f/1.8 NIKKOR 5x optical zoom lens, large back-illuminated 12-megapixel CMOS sensor (1/1.7-in.), advanced lens shift vibration reduction, Full HD movie recording, RAW (NRW) data processing and Wi-Fi compatibility (via an optional dongle).
A highly sensitive, backlit, 1/1.7-in. 12-megapixel CMOS sensor produces superb results in all manner of tough shooting situations, while Nikon’s second-generation vibration reduction system reduces the effect of camera shake in real time, allowing the use of shutter speeds up to four stops slower. A new Active mode ensures clear shots even from moving vehicles.
Give full expression to your creative side in manual mode and access your favourite setting instantly with the ergonomic function button. To shoot movies, Full HD (1080p/60i) filming is available at the touch of a button, at 60, 50, 30 or 25 fps and it’s also possible to shoot in RAW (NRW) format. You can use the optical zoom with autofocus when recording, and film in slow or fast motion using speeds of up to 120 fps.
Creative features like Macro mode allow you to focus on subjects really close-up to capture the smallest of details, while Easy Panorama 360°/180° makes capturing breathtaking vistas as simple as panning the camera vertically or horizontally to take in the view.
For travellers on the go, a built-in Global Positioning System (GPS) records the exact location (latitude and longitude) of images as a ‘geotag’, and allows review of point-of-interest (POI) information in playback. To share adventures with friends and family, the camera’s Wi-Fi capability enables the transfer of high-quality images and movies to a smart device via an optional Wi-Fi dongle (WU-1a).
- Wi-Fi compatible: Use Wi-Fi to transfer your high-quality images and movies to your smart device via an optional Wi-Fi dongle (WU-1a).
- High ISO (100-6400) light sensitivity (manually extendable up to 12800 using the Hi2 setting): Enables faster shutter speeds for finely detailed images with minimal noise when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low light.
- Auto HDR mode: Capture images with impressive tonal detail in any situation when you shoot in HDR mode. The camera combines two shots taken at different exposures during a single shutter release to create an image with wide dynamic range and rich color gradation.
- High-speed continuous shooting: Shoot up to 10 full-resolution shots at 10 fps, or up to 30 full-resolution shots at 1 fps.
- Fast and accurate AF: When you want to capture complex subjects, you can shoot with a 99-point autofocus system for extra-sharp results.
- Subject Tracking AF: Capture sharp shots of subjects that can’t or won’t stay still. Subject Tracking AF keeps the camera focused on the selected subject even if it is moving around.
- Retouch menu: Enhance your photos on the spot with a wide range of filter effects. Examples include Selective Color, which converts your image to monochrome and then adds a splash of color to the area of your choice, while Cross Screen adds a starry effect to bright objects.
- 20 scene modes: Automatically optimise the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots just by selecting the mode that matches your situation.
- EXPEED C2: Nikon’s fast and powerful image processing system provides high-speed operation, enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
Read our Nikon Coolpix P330 hands-on preview
For more information, visit the Nikon website.