Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Nikon is releasing a new stylish compact camera, the Coolpix S6400.
Beautifully sharp images and the ability to capture a wide variety of photo opportunities need not be limited to bigger camera models. Despite its slender 19.8mm body, the Coolpix S6400 packs a 12x wide-angle optical zoom NIKKOR lens, so you can zoom in for a classy close up or zoom out to snap a big group of friends.
Whether you’re photographing a perfect sunset, a dusky concert, or a romantic candlelit dinner, you’ll really notice the benefits of the back illuminated 16-megapixel CMOS sensor. With each pixel receiving more light, this highly sensitive image sensor works with the EXPEED C2 processor to deliver clear shots at any time of day or night.
The S6400 also features full HD movie recording with stereo sound, and a 3 inch LCD touch screen.
- Intelligent Control AF System: the camera automatically selects the best focus method for sharp results whatever your subject is, and wherever it’s positioned in the frame.
- 20 Scene Modes: achieve great results just by selecting the mode that matches your shooting situation or let Scene Auto Selector choose the optimum scene mode for you.
- Lens-Shift VR (vibration reduction): capture steady photos and movies thanks to Nikon’s automatic vibration reduction technology, which counters the effects of camera shake in real time.
- Anti Blur High ISO (up to 3200) light sensitivity for sharper images in low light.
- Motion detection compensates for camera and subject movement.
- Night Portrait and Landscape modes capture clear photos in low light.
- Auto HDR delivers a detailed image of a high-contrast scene, such as a sunny beach.
- Easy Panorama 360°/180°: move the camera vertically or horizontally to create dynamic panoramas.
The Coolpix S6400 is available for £229.99 and is released on 20 September 2012. It will be available in black, red, silver, purple and blue.
For more information on Nikon, visit the Nikon website.
Nikon COOLPIX S6400 Specifications
|Max Aperture||f/3.1 - f/6.5|
|35mm equivalent||25mm - 300mm|
|CCD pixels||16Mp (Megapixels)|
|Sensor Size||1/2.3 inch|
|Sensor Size (width)||No Data|
|Sensor Size (height)||No Data|
|Screen resolution||460,000 dots|
|Shutter speeds shortest||1/4000sec|
|Shutter speeds longest||4sec|
|ISO sensitivity||125 - 1600|
|Optical Zoom with Video||Yes|
|Battery Type||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL19|
|Box Contents||Camera Strap, Stylus TP-1, Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL19 (with battery case), Charging AC Adapter EH-69P, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP16, ViewNX 2 CD, Reference Manual CD|