Nikon are pleased to announce that version 1.10 of the D3 firmware is now available from the support section of the Nikon site.
In version 1.10 the following improvements have been made:
- A Vignette control item has been added to the shooting menu. For information regarding supported lenses, see the supplemental manual.
- A Focus point brightness item has been added to the a6: Focus point illumination setting in the Autofocus category of Custom Settings.
- The Highlights playback display option has been moved from Display mode>Basic photo info>Highlights in the playback menu to Display mode>Detailed photo info>Highlights.
- When shutter speed and/or aperture are locked with shooting in live view mode, using the L (command lock) button, an L icon is now displayed in the camera monitor.
- The size and colour of Demo displayed in the monitor with playback, when No memory card? in the Custom Settings is set to Enable release, have been modified.
- The range of settings available for ISO sensitivity settings>ISO sensitivity auto control>Minimum shutter speed in the shooting menu has been increased from 1/250–1s to 1/4000–1s.
- When a compatible Speedlight or Wireless Speedlight Commander is used, the AF assist illuminator now lights regardless of the focal length.
- When shooting in hand-held live view mode and the frame is magnified prior to autofocusing, the display now returns to the magnified display rather than full-frame display.
- In some rare cases, the image area visible through the viewfinder and the image area actually recorded differed when Image area>Choose image area in the shooting menu was set to DX format (24x16). This issue has been resolved.
- In some rare cases, white balance was not accurately calculated for images captured at a shutter speed of around 1/4 s in P and A exposure modes. This issue has been resolved.
- When attempting to crop images at an aspect ratio of 4:3 using the Trim option in the retouch menu, the cropped image did not have an accurate 4:3 aspect ratio. This issue has been resolved.
To access the firmware updates for the PC, please click here. The firmware update for Mac users can be found here.