The upgrade D3 A firmware to Ver 1.10 and B firmware to v1.11 is now available for download. When performing this firmware upgrade, be sure to upgrade both A and B firmware. Be aware that operation of your D3 is not guarenteed if either A or B firmware is upgraded while the other firmware is not upgraded.
The following improvements have been made in version 1.10.
- A Vignette control item has been added to the shooting menu. For information regarding supported lenses, see the supplemental manual.
- A Focus point brightness item has been added to the a6: Focus point illumination setting in the Autofocus category of Custom Settings.
- The Highlights playback display option has been moved from Display mode>Basic photo info>Highlights in the playback menu to Display mode>Detailed photo info>Highlights.
- When shutter speed and/or aperture are locked with shooting in live view mode, using the “L” (command lock) button, an “L” icon is now displayed in the camera monitor.
- The size and color of “Demo” displayed in the monitor with playback, when No memory card? in the Custom Settings is set to Enable release, have been modified.
- The range of settings available for ISO sensitivity settings>ISO sensitivity auto control>Minimum shutter speed in the shooting menu has been increased from 1/250–1 s to 1/4000–1 s.
- When a compatible Speedlight or Wireless Speedlight Commander is used, the AF assist illuminator now lights regardless of the focal length.
- When shooting in hand-held live view mode and the frame is magnified prior to autofocusing, operation has been modified so that display returns to the magnified display rather than full-frame display.
- In some rare cases, the image area visible through the viewfinder and the image area actually recorded differed when Image area>Choose image area in the shooting menu was set to DX format (24x16). This issue has been resolved.
- In some rare cases, white balance was not accurately calculated for images captured at a shutter speed of around 1/4 s in P and A exposure modes. This issue has been resolved.
- When attempting to crop images at an aspect ratio of 4:3 using the Trim option in the retouch menu, the cropped image did not have an accurate 4:3 aspect ratio. This issue has been resolved.
The following improvements have been made in B firmware version 1.11.
When RAW images were captured in the combination of settings noted below with B firmware Ver.1.10 installed, it led, in some rare cases, to image data corruption. This issue has been resolved.
- Release mode: Continuous high speed (CH) or continuous low speed (CL) with Custom Setting d2 set to 9 fps
- Image area: FX format (36x24) or 5:4 (30x24)
- Image quality: NEF (RAW) or NEF (RAW) + JPEG fine/normal/basic
- NEF (RAW) recording>NEF (RAW) bit depth: 14-bit
- NEF (RAW) recording>Type: Lossless compressed, Compressed, or Uncompressed
To access the download, please click here.