Nikon D4 D800 D800E UK Price Increased

Nikon D4 D800 D800E UK Price Increased - Nikon UK has increased the price of the Nikon D800 , D800E Digital SLRs and the flagship Nikon D4. (Updated 26 March 2012)

Category : Digital SLRs
Product : Nikon D800
Price : £1,999

Nikon D4 Front Lens On
Nikon D4 Front Lens On

Nikon UK has increased the price of the Nikon D800 from an RRP of £2399 to £2599, and the price of the Nikon D4 from £4799 to £5289 making it just £10 cheaper than the Canon EOS 1D-X - the Nikon D4 scored 4.5 star in our review. The Nikon D800E price has also increased to £2899. Pre-orders made before the 24th of March will be at the old price. (via Pixiq)

In a statement released today, 26 March 2012, Nikon said: "Nikon UK can confirm a correction to the originally published recommended retail prices (RRP) on the D800, D800E and D4 products.

Due to a local internal systems error, the incorrect RRPs on the D800, D800E and D4 products were communicated in the UK and Irish markets at the time of announcement. The correct RRPs for the products should have been D4: £5289.99, D800: £2,599.99 and D800E: £2,899.99. We would like to apologise sincerely to our customers for this unfortunate mistake, which has been corrected with immediate effect. We know that there has been strong consumer interest in these products and a high level of pre-orders placed with retailers; Nikon will be honouring the original prices to retailers on all customer pre-orders placed before March 24th 2012."

View Directory Page : Nikon

Photographs taken using the Nikon D800

look leftWinter seascapeSquare rigger Belem off Les Iles GlenanPeregrine FalconBamburgh DawnDigby BayCameoA trick of the lightThe GateJuvenile Blue TitDoes He Know?Into the distanceHUMBER RELENTING SOMEWHATAcid RainNicola

Comments

24 Mar 2012 5:16PM
how can nikon do this??!!! its a joke!!!

janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2012 5:58PM
So retailers can offer it at a discounted price maybe?
24 Mar 2012 6:03PM
Easy!
Canon - 'Let's set the price of the 5D mk3 to around 3000ish. We need to make it a lot more expensive than the 5D mk2 don't we!'
Nikon finds out and - 'Canon's what price! We're way too cheap! Let's increase (bump) the price to just under the price of Canon. The punters (mugs) will still think it's a bargain.'javascript:;
edtaylor 3 104 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2012 6:17PM
They forget that we know the original price that was set. I am very interested in a D800/800e myself. I am hoping the price will fall soon. But if it doesen,t. I will carry on using my D 700. That is a super camera anyway. So in the end Nikon will lose out on a sale. (and the wife might get a good holiday).
gary.d 12 134 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2012 9:58PM
Same here. I intend to get a D800 but will wait as long as I have to to avoid being ripped off.
24 Mar 2012 10:37PM
I have been waiting for my local store to have a D800 available for me. No way will I pay the new inflated price. I will wait for the backlash and the prices to fall. If we all follow suit Nikon will have to stop this rip off!
Chaitanya 4 14 1 India
25 Mar 2012 3:10AM
This price rise is for UK only, in India D800 is available for sale for Rs149,950(~2927US$).
Graysta 9 1.1k England
25 Mar 2012 9:14AM
Was off to buy one but same here i can wait, still got the trusty D3 & D700 so shove it for now Mr Nikon on a camera that has yet to be proven.
Maybe it should have been called the D
cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
25 Mar 2012 11:47AM
Wonder how those must have it now merchants will get on with their " Pre-Order " prices....???

Just goes to show that you should never jump the gun, That said if this price rise is a UK only deal, Maybe everyone should boycott Nikon products, Until they explain why we in the UK are special cases for being ripped off......!!!

But the must have now entities will never go for it, They will pay whatever it takes, Nikon and other manufacturers know that, In fact they trade on it......Wink
joshwa e2
4 603 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2012 12:20PM
I know of at least one person who got it for 2399!
JJGEE 9 6.3k 18 England
25 Mar 2012 1:27PM

Quote: I know of at least one person who got it for 2399!

Would that be yourself ?
Chaitanya 4 14 1 India
25 Mar 2012 3:59PM

Quote: I know of at least one person who got it for 2399!

Quote: Pre-orders will be at the new price. (via Pixiq)

Sadly no one ordering D4 or D800 or D800E are going to get the camera at the original price.
joshwa e2
4 603 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2012 5:33PM
No it wasn't me, but I do know someone did get the D800 for the original price.
woodyp 7 1 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2012 11:21PM
If this is true I think it stinks Nikon should be ashamed of themselves they don't deserve a client base if this is how they are prepared to rip their customers off
User_Removed 4 299 4 France
26 Mar 2012 8:22AM
these prices were tolerable when your old gear had a value....now its just a sic joke...the "hole in wallet count" is becoming more important than the pixel count!!!!!......but I waited until last winter to buy an F5 so I have loads of time to save up...in the meantime a s/h D3 in one version or another looks a better deal...and I will try and exhaust the D90 I use at the moment.....stuart
Tonyd3 10 1.0k 15 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2012 9:13AM
Well im glad to say that my D4 arrives today and was paid for on Friday before the price increase.

Had it arrived next friday and the price had gone up, i would have turned it down on principul as i had agreed to purchase at a price. I did get a faily good discount anyway.

I agree that this is very poor marketing on the part of Nikon though and will stop some people from making advanced orders on future products.

What they should have done is taken out the XQD card and adaptors at the end of May as already anounced and left it at that.
26 Mar 2012 1:17PM
states on N Photo that Nikon will honour prices placed at the orginally communicated price if placed before 24th March, so all those that like to slate people for pre-ordering, just occassionally it pays to

N Photo
contco 2 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2012 1:17PM
I got my D4 on Friday - at the original price

I ordered my D800 Saturday - oblivious to any price changes - and have had conformation this morning from Calumet that I will, indeed, get my D800 for the original price.
A12PHOTO 4 17 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2012 2:32PM
Well done to those who got their D4 before today but SHAME ON YOU NIKON Tongue
26 Mar 2012 3:46PM
EEven better news is that for those that pre ordered with Matters of Lancashire, they are honouring the pre order price of 2095 they just announced on Facebook ...
gary.d 12 134 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2012 5:59PM
Give it six months and the price will fall below 2000.
hectorjr 3 7 Norway
26 Mar 2012 7:07PM
Now my plans of getting a D800 in the UK and having my friend bring it over here are ruined. Poo! Good thing I didn't cancel my preorder here in Norway, which, after the UK price increase, is now actually SLIGHTLY cheaper.
19 Jul 2012 11:28PM
Come to Gibraltar and get it for 1750 D800 and 1950 D800e!