Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
- Improved performance for the 5-area autofocus system's Dynamic Area AF and Closest Subject Priority Dynamic Area AF modes.
- Updated menus with a new design similar to that of the D70s, making them easier to view and quicker to recognise.
- Page size and setup support for PictBridge compatible printers has been added to the camera menu.
- The display for number of exposures remaining when using NEF (RAW) or NEF+JPEG Basic image-quality settings has been changed. The number is now calculated based on the average size of a compressed RAW file, instead of the maximum file size.
- Maximum number of exposures displayed using a 256-MB CompactFlash memory card:
Version 2.00: NEF (RAW): approx. 44 exposures; NEF+JPEG Basic: approx. 39 exposures.
Version 1.03 or earlier: NEF (RAW): approx. 23 exposures; NEF+JPEG Basic: approx. 21 exposures
- The default setting for the camera clock has been changed from 2004.01.01 to 2005.01.01. The clock can not be set to a date before 2004.12.31.
- Correction of a problem that occasionally caused communication between Nikon Capture Camera Control and the D70 to be unexpectedly terminated (Windows).
The upgrade is available here
Support the ePHOTOzine site by buying your Nikon D70 here