Nikon are pleased to confirm the introduction of two new Nikkor specialist lenses: PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED and PC-E Micro Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D. The PC Nikkor lenses designed for specialist applications in architecture, commercial and landscape photography maximised by the Perspective Control capabilities offer a tilt/shift mechanism, revolving capability and auto aperture control.
Robert Cristina, Manager Professional Products and NPS at Nikon Europe B.V: “These latest additions to the NIKKOR range will be welcomed by architecture and landscape photographers using FX format cameras like the D3 and D700” He added: “Like the PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED introduced earlier this year, these new lenses further expand the NIKKOR range of optics for specialist photography.”
Both lenses offer class-leading levels of edge-to-corner sharpness and brightness at all subject distances from macro to infinity. They also incorporate Nikon’s state-of-the-art anti-reflective coating technology Nano Crystal coat to reduce ghosting and flare caused by internal reflections with very flexible levels of tilt and shift movement.
PC Nikkors are robust enough for professional use in the field or in the studio with a rounded nine-blade diaphragm that contributes to the renowned Nikkor ‘bokeh’ that renders out-of-focus background objects soft, natural-looking and unobtrusive.
The 45mm focal length of the all-new PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED lens is ideal for a natural looking perspective that can be controlled creatively by the photographer. Featuring ED glass to minimise aberration and a closest focus distance of just 25cm, this new lens has a minimum aperture of f/32.
The PC-E Micro Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D lens replaces the existing PC Micro Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D and is ideal for tabletop photography and creative portraiture. Featuring essentially the same optical design as its predecessor, the PC-E Micro Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D is lighter and smaller with a closest focus distance of 39cm and minimum aperture of f/32.
Nikon PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED and PC-E Micro Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D major features:
- Nano Crystal Coat minimises ghosting and flare for fine image reproduction
- Superior optical performance with minimised distortion and chromatic aberration
- Electromagnetic diaphragm enables auto aperture control (for compatible camera bodies)
- Preset aperture possible with aperture ring and aperture stop-down button
- Macro-shooting capability down to 0.25 m and 0.39 m for the PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm and PC-E Micro Nikkor 85mm respectively (at 1/2x)
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm
- Superior protection against dust and moisture
The PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED is supplied with hood HB-43 and case CL-1020 while the PC-E Micro Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D includes hood HB-22 and case CL-1120. Both will be available from August 2008 at the following RRPs:
- PC-E Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED: £1349.99 / €1849
- PC-E Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/2.8D: £1349.99 / €1849
For more information please visit the Nikon website.