Nikon have announced a broad range of improvements for Nikon D1X, D1H and D100 Digital SLR users. In response to fast changing industry developments and answering the needs of customers Nikon are pleased to announce a wide array of hardware, firmware and software enhancements for Nikon D SLR customers.
The enhancement package are summarized in short below:
- A superb new offer for D1X owners to double the size of the D1X buffer simply by purchasing an extra RAM memory module. Costing about Euro 250, D1X users can enjoy a massive 21 shot (Jpeg/Tiff format) buffer depth in place of the standard 9 shots.
- D100 users can enjoy full compatibility with Mac OSX 10.2 (Jaguar) including PTP USB protocols when using Nikon Capture 3 (using new version capture 3.5) Camera Control.
- Other improvements include ICC profile embedding, compatibility with Lexar Media new Write Acceleration technology, and practical organization of sound memo (.wav) files when using the optional MB-D100 Multi-function pack.
- D1X and D1H users can enjoy embedded ICC profiles (Adobe RGB, Colour Mode II) for colour management workflow, Lexar WA card technology increasing speeds by up to 30%, EXIF 2.2 and menu improvements with the addition of Spanish language option.
- A new version of Nikon Capture Ver. 3.5 offers a range of powerful and practical improvements designed to increase speed, output 10MP files from the D1X, and a unique Vignette Control feature to measure the D or G type lens data used and automatically compensate the effect of vignette for exposures at wide apertures.
- Refined noise reduction control and pixel value monitoring complete a major enhancement to Nikon's Professional colour managed image editing application.
The hardware and firmware enhancements require customers to return cameras to national repair facilities; the software is downloadable from the internet. The firmware upgrade is free and if customers want to take advantage of it, they should phone 0870 0603515 from the morning of Wednesday 9 October.
D100 firmware available now. D1X/ D1H hardware and firmware will be available from November. Capture Ver. 3.5 available end November.
Speaking about the wide range of improvements: Robert Cristina, Marketing Executive, Professional Film and Digital, Europe said; "This wide range of enhancements illustrate Nikon's commitment to supporting Pros in the fast changing world of digital technology development. They are carefully designed to offer real improvements in performance and quality whilst allowing our customers to fully embrace the best of what the industry can offer".