Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Portable Flash and Lighting|
Nikon SB-30 Speedlight announced -
The new Nikon SB-30 houses a variety of flash functions within its compact body, and is designed for users of Nikon SLRs that do not have a built-in Speedlight who want a highly portable secondary Speedlight.
The SB-30 offers close-up shooting, a built-in wide flash adapter that offers coverage for a 17mm wideangle lens, TTL wireless slave flash capability, and an infrared remote commander. Flash output level compensation (1/2EV) is also available for non-TTL auto flash mode and manual flash mode.
The SB-30s TTL wireless slave flash function works with COOLPIX digital cameras to double or triple the effective flash shooting distance.
The Nikon SB-30 is a significant addition to the Nikon Speedlight lineup, and offers photographers enhanced flash shooting flexibility for a broad range of applications.
Nikon SB-30 Major Features
- Compact and lightweight (92g, 58.5 x 83.5 x 36mm/3.2 oz., 2.3 x 3.3 x 1.4 in.)
- Speedlight can be folded down when not in use
- Four modes available -- Automatic Balanced Fill-Flash/Standard TTL Flash control, Non-TTL auto flash control, manual flash control and wireless slave flash control
- Flash output level compensation available in non-TTL auto flash mode and manual flash mode (-1/2, 0, +1/2EV)
- TTL Wireless Slave Flash function
- The built-in IR (infra-red) panel enables you to use the SB-30 as an infrared remote commander
- Built-in wide flash adapter provides flash coverage for 17mm wideangle lens*
- Guide number: 16/52 (ISO 100, m/ft. at 28mm)
- Macro shooting (with tilt-forward)
- Power switch (OFF/ON/STBY)
*Depending on scene conditions, periphery of image may be underexposed.
Nikon SB-30 Specifications
Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
Flash exposure control
TTL automatic control with Nikon F5, F100, F80, F65 or FM3A; Non-TTL automatic control; Manual control: full, 1/8 and 1/32 output
Guide number (ISO 100, m/ft.)
16/52; 10/32 (with built-in wide flash adapter)
28mm; 17mm with built-in wide flash adapter
ON/OFF/STBY button provided
Film speed range in TTL auto flash mode
ISO 25 to 800
Approx. 4 sec. (manual at full)
Number of flashes
Approx. 250 (manual at full)
One CR123A-type 3V lithium battery
Dimensions (W x H x D)
Approx. 58.5 x 83.5 x 36 mm/2.3 x 3.3 x 1.4 in.
Weight (without batteries)
Approx. 92g/3.2 oz.
Built-in infrared panel
Specifications and designs are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.