Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Nikon pair spotted in the field - Nikon have announced the launch of two new sports binoculars.
Nikon is pleased to announce the new 8x and 10x models that add to the feature-packed Sportstar EX binocular series. These new roof-prism binoculars boast a contemporary design that is both appealing and practical to users.
The stylish new additions are compact and lightweight, and thanks to their twin-hinged, foldable design the two models are easily portable. Both the 8x and 10x models are waterproof and fog-proof and can be used in a whole range of outdoor activities and weather conditions, including walking and mountaineering.
The new Sportstar EX models are available in classic charcoal grey.
- Waterproof (up to 2m. for five minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Compact and lightweight (20g lighter than Sportstar IV series)
- Wide field of view – 8.5 degrees for 8x model and 6.5 degrees for 10x model
- Close focusing distance: 2.5m (8x), 3.5m (10x)
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups
- Multilayer coated lenses
- Streamlined, contemporary styling
- Magnification: 8x, 10x
- Effective Objective Diameter: 25mm, 25mm
- Angular Field of View (real) (degrees): 8.2, 6.5
- Angular Field of View (apparent) (degrees): 65.6, 65.0
- Field of View at 1,000m: 143m, 114m
- Exit Pupil: 3.1mm, 2.5mm
- Relative Brightness: 9.6, 6.3
- Eye Relief: 10.0mm, 10.0mm
- Close Focusing Distance: 2.5m, 3.5m
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 56-72mm, 56-72mm
- Length: 103mm, 103mm
- Width: 114mm (67), 114mm (67)
- Depth: 43mm, 43mm
- Weight: 280g, 280g
- Multilayer coated lenses: yes, yes
- Waterproof: yes, yes
On sale now, the Sportstar models cost -
Sportstar EX 8x: £99.99/ €149.00
Sportstar EX 10x: £109.99/ €164.00