A number of features will be added or updated as described below:
Is the Image Authentication Software compatible with other cameras besides the D2Xs?
- HI-0.3 (ISO 1000 equivalent), HI-0.5 (ISO 1100 equivalent) and HI- 0.7 (ISO 1250 equivalent) options will be added between the ISO 800 and HI-1 sensitivity settings.
- Autofocus subject acquisition and tracking capability will be improved.
- A "Black-and-white (sRGB)" option will be added to the "Colour mode" settings in the shooting menu.
- An "Image authentication" option will be added to the setup menu. Note the optional Image Authentication Software is required to verify image authenticity.
- A "Trim" option will be added to the shooting menu.
- The "Custom" option in the shooting menu's "Tone compensation" option will be modified so that up to 3 user-defined curves can be downloaded to the camera. An upgrade of Nikon Capture 4 Camera Control is scheduled to support download of 3 curves to the camera. The optional Camera Control Pro software can also be used to download curves to the camera.
- A "Save/load settings" option will be added to the setup menu.
- The "Mirror lock-up" option in the setup menu will be modified so that the mirror can be locked in the up position using battery power as well as when using AC adapter power.
- The number of options available for the "Lock-on" item in the Custom Settings menu will be increased to 4: "Long", "Normal", "Short" and "Off".
- "Max. sensitivity" and "Min. shutter speed" options will be added to the "ISO auto" item in the Custom Settings menu.
- The "Maximum shots (Max No. of shots taken in continuous shooting)" option in the Custom Settings menu will be modified to allow a maximum setting of 60 shots.
- The "FUNC. button" in the Custom Settings menu will be divided into two options: "FUNC. button press" and "FUNC. button + command dials".
- A "Recent settings" option will be added to the setup menu.
Yes. Nikon plans to provide compatibility with the Image Authentication software for the D2X , D2Hs and D200, via firmware updates for these cameras.
Further details, plus a facility to be notified when the update becomes available can be found on the Nikon European Support Centre website here.