Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Nikon updates Monarch series of binoculars - The generous diameter means they are ideal for use in low lighting conditions, making these new models a perfect option for birders early in the morning or late at night.
Nikon is pleased to announce the introduction of five new binoculars, including the 8.5x56DCF, 10x56DCF and 12x56DCF models and 8x36DCF and 10x36DCF models, adding to the highly regarded Monarch series.
Boasting large 56mm diameters, the 8.5x56DCF, 10x56DCF and 12x56DCF models deliver high performance.
The 8x36DCF and 10x36DCF feature 36mm diameters to combine excellent performance with portability. All the models are waterproof up to 1m/3.3 ft for 5 minutes.
Thanks to a robust, yet stylish design and increased protection of the rubber armouring, the binoculars are durable for use in all conditions. The new models extend Nikon's portfolio of binoculars and enhances the range of monarch series to include x36, x42 and x56 magnifications.
- All lenses and prisms feature Nikon multi-layer coating
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms deliver high resolution
- High-reflection mirror coated prism for bright image
- High-eyepoint design assures clear, unobstructed field of view
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click for easy adjustment
- Waterproof - sealed with O-rings and filled with nitrogen gas (up to 1m/3.3 ft for 5 minutes.)
- Lead- and arsenic free Eco-glass in line with Nikon's commitment to the environment
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Newly-designed objective caps with band so you won't lose them easily (56mm models)
- Soft-to-the-touch neck strap for comfortable wearing (56mm models)
- Lightweight body uses fiberglass-reinforced polycarbonate resin (36mm models)
|Model name||Monarch 8.5x56DCF||Monarch 10x56DCF||Monarch 12x56DCF||Monarch 8x36DCF||Monarch 10x36DCF|
|Magnification||8.5 x||10 x||12 x||8 x||10 x|
|Effective Objective Diameter (mm)||56||56||56||36||36|
|Angular Field of View (real) (degrees)||6.2||6||5.5||7||6|
|Angular Field of View (apparent) (degrees)||52.7||60.0||66.0||56.0||60.0|
|Field of View at 1,000m (m)||108||105||96||122||105|
|Exit Pupil (mm)||6.6||5.6||4.7||4.5||3.6|
|Eye Relief (mm)||19.2||17.4||16.3||17.0||15.0|
|Close Focusing Distance (m)||10||10||10||2.5||2.5|
|Interpupillary Distance Adjustment (mm)||60-72||60-72||60-72||56-72||56-72|
|Multilayer coated lenses||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
Sales release date: August 2006