Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
The new Nissin MG8000 Extreme Flash Gun features the world's highest "Machine Gun" strobe and is now available through selected Kenro stockists. The MG8000 sparked mass interest amongst the industry when shown for the first time at Focus-on-Imaging in March 2012 due to its unique quartz-based flash tube which ensures the unit remains cool, even in extreme-use conditions.
When tested, the Nissin MG8000 can produce over 1000 full flashes without any fear of overheating. As the MG 8000 keeps its cool under pressure it can maintain its guide number meaning no more underexposed images caused by over-heating.
The new unit boasts an impressive recycle time of just three seconds for the first 200 shots, and then five to seven seconds for subsequent frames. Features of the Nissin MG8000 Extreme:
- Optional external diffuser included
- Guide number: 60 (ISO100/105mm)
- Colour swivelling LCD screen
- A variety of modes - TTL, Manual / Av, Multi flash (strobe)
- Full support for wireless TTL mode (Master / Remote), support systems, digital and analogue flares.
- Additional front flare
- Supports high-speed synchronization and modification routines flash via USB port
- Metal shoe
- Recycles in 3 seconds for the first 200 shots, and then takes 5-7 seconds to recycle after that.
- Weight: 400g
- Compatible with E-TTL, E-TTL II (Canon) and i-TTL (Nikon) and PS-300 battery pack