Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Olympus announce C-55 Zoom - 5.1 million pixel digital camera
With the C-55 Zoom images can be captured with breathtaking clarity. A precision
F2.8-4.8 lens with 5x zoom (38-190mm equivalent), made from high-refraction glass featuring two aspherical elements, ensures light arriving at the 5.1 megapixel sensor is suitable for sharp, distortion-free results. The additional 4x digital zoom is on hand for a total of 20x enlargement of subjects.
Remaining in focus isnt a problem either. Equipped with a 143-point TTL autofocus system and an AF target function, photographers are assured of crisp images at all times. The integrated TruePic TURBO image processor further optimises image quality by boosting contrast and colour while also increasing processing speed.
Manual control for photographic freedom
The manual control options of the C-55 Zoom will meet the demands of the most ambitious photographers. Besides full manual exposure mode, users can choose between aperture and shutter priority to obtain their desired effects. A histogram function enables exposure information to be shown on-screen to assist photo taking.
In addition, the C-55 Zoom offers four My Mode folders to store favourite camera settings for instant use. Naturally, automatic shooting is available as well as a wide range of scene programmes covering many photographic situations including sports, landscape and fireworks.
Sports enthusiasts will particularly welcome sequence shooting, allowing imagery to be captured at up to 2.7 frames per second. Also, the Super Macro mode allows shots from as little as 2cm away to be taken in superb clarity.
The movie recording (with sound) on the C-55 Zoom offers enhanced functionality. With digital anti-shake correction, it lends a steady hand to recordings which are limited in length only by the memory cards capacity.
Comfortable viewing and framing on large LCD
Increasingly, photographers are using the LCD monitor not only to view the results, but also for the majority of their framing. The C-55 Zoom features a generous 5.1cm screen to ensure effortless framing and viewing. Various display modes including zoom and fade are available to enhance slideshow presentations on the LCD monitor. Additionally, the calendar function even lets the camera be used as a personal photo diary.
The use of standard, readily available AA-sized (LR6) batteries means that users will never be caught short of power. As the C-55 Zoom supports the PictBridge format, PC-free printing on compatible printers such as the Olympus P-10 is available.
The camera is supplied with Olympus Master software, a 16MB xD-Picture Card and set of high-performance alkaline batteries. The attractive Olympus C-55 Zoom is an ideal choice for all photographers wishing to explore their creative streak.
The Olympus C-55 Zoom main features
- 5.1 million pixels
- 5x optical zoom (equiv. to 38190mm on 35mm camera), 1:2.8-4.8 and additional 4x digital zoom
- Programme, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority & Full Manual modes
- Super macro shooting from 2cm (area: 34x25mm)
- 5.1cm/2.0 LCD monitor with 115,000 pixels
- Sequence shooting with 2.7 frames per second
- Histogram function in shooting and playback modes
- Ten scene programmes (Landscape with Portrait, Portrait, Landscape, Night Scene, Sports, Beach and Snow, Fireworks, Sunset, Candlelight, Sleeping Face)
- Calendar function and various display modes: standard, slide, fade, zoom
- Movie recording with sound, digital anti-shake correction, recording length limited only by capacity of memory card
- PictBridge compatible & TruePic TURBO image processor
- Olympus Master 1.1 software, 16MB xD-Picture Card and set of alkaline batteries provided
Price and Availability
The C-55 Zoom will be available from March 2005 at under 300 (exact pricing to be confirmed at time of availability)
For more information and where to buy Olympus products please go to www.olympus.co.uk or call free on 0800 072 0070