Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Olympus C-70 ZOOM introduced - A 7.1 million pixel marvel, full of creative potential
Geared to quality
The compact C-70 ZOOM has much to tempt the enthusiastic hobby photographer. The combination of 7.1 million pixels with a bright 5x optical zoom lens (equivalent to 38-190mm on a 35mm camera, f/2.8-4.8) delivers stunning performance. The camera's high resolution ensures great image clarity even when using the 6x digital zoom. The TruePic TURBO image processor further enhances picture quality - boosting contrast and colours for even more lifelike results. Moreover, it significantly increases processing speed.
Enabling creative expression
The C-70 ZOOM offers photographers immense creative freedom. For example, manual control of the aperture and shutter speed allows users to personalise their pictures. Many other settings, such as white balance and auto-bracketing are also adjustable, while a host of precision metering systems guarantee amazing results with the minimum of fuss.
The camera is also very versatile. Recording short movie sequences is easy and movies are saved at 25 fps in VGA or QVGA resolution (TV quality). Meanwhile the
Super Macro mode allows shots on objects an incredible 2cm away. The model comes with the powerful new 1230mAh rechargeable battery pack LI-12B.
Providing a clear view
The large 2.0 inch sunshine LCD* with 206,000 pixels, guarantees a clear view of all pictures, even in bright sunlight. With re-size, red-eye reduction, trimming and rotation editing functions all making the most of the large LCD, images can be adjusted on screen, ready for displaying on the monitor or a TV.
The Olympus C-70 ZOOM main features
- 7.1 million pixels
- Metal body in a titanium colour
- 5x optical zoom (equiv. 38 190mm on 35mm camera), f/2.8-4.8
- 6x digital zoom
- Super macro shooting from 2cm
- 2.0 inch sunshine LCD monitor with 206,000 pixels
- TruePic TURBO image processor
- Recording in TIFF, JPEG and RAW file formats possible
- Programme, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority & Full Manual modes
- Five scene programmes (Portrait, Night Scene, Sports, Landscape, Landscape with Portrait)
- Movie recording at 25 fps with sound in VGA and QVGA
- Time-lapse interval shooting
- Slideshow function
- Rotation, Re-size, Trimming and Red-eye reduction editing modes
- USB 2.0 and PictBridge compatible
- Olympus Master 1.0 software provided
Price and availability
The C-70 ZOOM is planned for release in October 2004, priced 420