Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Olympus have introduced what they claim is the world's smallest 10x optical
zoom camera. The new Camedia C-700UZ has a bright f/2.8 lens that offers a focal
length equivalent to 38-380mm on a conventional 35mm camera and is boosted by a
digital zoom giving a combined performance of 27x The C-700UZ has an electronic
viewfinder that displays the exact image captured by the camera's 2.1 million
pixel, 2.7inch CCD. The impressive features list also includes multimedia
capabilities, manual controls and numerous metering options all for 600.
The high-power, extremely compact 10x optical zoom lens system was developed especially by Olympus for the C-700UZ and enables an astonishing amount of versatility for ambitious photographers.
Framing subjects is easy and accurate with the camera's 3.8cm colour TFT monitor, while the electronic viewfinder provides SLR functionality and more. As well as displaying exactly what will be recorded, the viewfinder also shows full photographic data to keep the user completely informed.
An assortment of light metering systems help photographers get the most out of every situation. The lighting of individual scenes can be captured perfectly using either digital ESP, spot or multi-spot metering and exposure can be controlled with a variety of modes. The aperture and shutter-priority modes let users choose the desired aperture or shutter speed respectively and automatically takes care of the remaining exposure variables. Manual mode allows photographers to be more creative, freely nominating required aperture settings and shutter speeds of up to 16seconds.
Several pre-set shooting mode options make it effortless even for the more inexperienced user to take superb photos. By selecting the portrait, sports or landscape automatic shooting modes, fantastic results are assured for shots taken in the respective situations.
Further features include:
- Exposure compensation and auto bracketing functions for shooting under particularly tricky lighting conditions.
- White balance may be automatically regulated, set manually, or calibrated using the one-touch option for the utmost accuracy.
- TTL contrast detecting autofocus system for crisp and clear results.
- 240 step manual focus.
- Versatile built-in flash system with multiple modes - including slow synchronisation - ensures optimal illumination.
- Compatible with FL-40 external flash developed by Olympus for use with digital cameras.
- Movie and sound recording.
- Storage class USB interface for effortless downloading from the 8 MB
SmartMedia card (multimedia files can also be viewed on a TV by connecting the
camera via the A/V terminals)
The C-700UZ will be available in late May 2001. Call freephone 0800
0720070 for stockist details.