Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
New price structure for Olympus E-420 - Olympus E-420: small on size, big on savings.
Olympus have announced a new price for the multi award-winning E-420 digital SLR camera. From the 21st October, the smallest D-SLR camera on the market will be more competitive than ever before, offering outstanding image quality and ease-of-use at an affordable price.
From the 21st October 2008 the headline prices for the E-420 will be as follows:
- E-420 body only: £289.99
- E-420 Single Lens Kit (14-42mm lens): £349.99
- E-420 Double Zoom Kit (14-42mm + 40-150mm lens): £449.99
- E-420 Pancake Kit : £429.99
- E-420 Komachi Kit : £509.99
The Olympus E-420 has scooped numerous awards with its breakthrough imaging innovations. It is the world’s lightest D-SLR camera and is a perfect travel companion. The 10.0 Megapixel E-420 features Autofocus Live View for easy framing and 28 different shooting modes. Other outstanding features included in the small body are Shadow Adjustment Technology, Face Detection, and Supersonic Wave Filter.
The Olympus E-420 digital SLR – main features:
- Extremely easy operation – use it straight out of the box
- One of the world’s smallest and lightest D-SLRs providing the ultimate in portability
- 10 Megapixel Live MOS sensor
- Live View for easier compositions
- Perfect Shot Preview for improved depiction of camera adjustments directly on the Live View LCD
- Improved Live View with contrast AF, Face Detection, Shadow Adjustment Technology & phase detection AF system*
- TruePic III image processor
- High-contrast 2.7”/6.9cm HyperCrystal II LCD with 176° viewing angles
- The original Supersonic Wave Filter for dust protection
- 28 automatic, semi-automatic and manual shooting options (including 5 exposure, 5 creative & 18 scene select modes)
- Built-in pop-up flash (GN 10)
- Wireless flash control in up to 3 groups
- 3.5fps with up to eight images in RAW buffer
- One-touch white balance
- AE/AF-lock functionality
- ISO 100 to 1600
- Depth of field preview function
- 49-segment digital ESP
- Bracketing function (Exposure, White Balance, Focus)
- Beginner and Advanced information screens
- Detailed info screen with histogram
- Based on Four Thirds System
- Dual memory card slots (for xD-Picture Card and CompactFlash)