Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
The ultimate E-System DSLR - Olympusí new E-5 DSLR is tough as they come.
Olympus has cornered the market in robust D-SLR design in recent years and its E-3 and E-1 cameras are synonymous with go-anywhere, shoot-anything photography. Now Photokina will offer photographers a first reassuring grip of the new Olympus D-SLR powerhouse designed for imaging on the edge: the next generation flagship E-5.
The direct successor to the award-winning E-3, the E-5’s all-terrain lightweight rigid magnesium alloy body is dustproof, splashproof, incredibly robust. The new flagship combines Four Thirds lens compatibility and a more powerful image processor to deliver photographs of the very highest calibre. In tandem with the remarkable Zuiko Digital lens system, the new 12.3 Megapixel High Speed Live MOS sensor and TruePic V+ engine with Fine-Detail Processing technology capture more detailed and sharper images than comparable resolution D-SLR's with larger sensors. The E-5 sets new standards in reliability, speed and creativity.
In addition to Olympus’ unique Supersonic Wave Filter dust reduction system, it features a 3 inch VGA Swivel LCD, a 1/8000 sec. high-speed shutter with 5fps sequential shooting, IS0 6400, HD Movie, wireless flash and ten Art Filters. With the E-5, professionals can stay creative in virtually any conditions. If they can hack it, so can their camera.
E-5 main features:
- Dustproof, splashproof, lightweight rigid magnesium alloy body
- Supersonic Wave Filter dust protection system
- Large viewfinder with 100% field of view
- Durable high-speed shutter tested to 150,000 releases
- Image Quality
- Ultra-effective, Supersonic Wave Drive built-in image stabilisation
- 12.3 effective Megapixel High Speed Live MOS sensor
- New TruePic V+ image processor
- ISO 6400 sensitivity
- Ten Art Filters with astonishing new Dramatic Tone Filter
- Multi exposure mode
- Built-in flash with commander function for wireless flash synchronisation
- Compatible with Four Thirds Standard lenses
- Live View with high-speed full twin cross 11-point AF system
- 1/8000 second high-speed shutter with 5fps sequential shooting
- 3 inch 921,000 dot Dual Axis Swivel HyperCrystal LCD
- 720p 30fps HD Movie
- Stereo microphone jack
- SD and CompactFlash card slots for additional memory
- 2 frame and 7 frame AE bracketing
- Level Gauge on the viewfinder
- Two easy-to-use dials plus cursor keys for convenient playback