Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Category:||Portable Flash and Lighting|
Olympus Extends Flash for Free promotion - Olympus has extended the promotion enabling you to claim a free FL-50R wireless flash with any purchase of an E3.
The continued success of the wireless flash back promotion represents a celebration of the outstanding technology and performance of the award winning E3, along with excellent value for money. In response to this demand, Olympus has extended the promotion enabling you to claim a free FL-50R wireless flash with any purchase of an E3.
The E3 wireless flash back promotion has now been extended to the 31st December 2008. To be eligible for this promotion simply purchase an E3 between now and 31st December 2008 and register it online by 31st January 2009. Send a copy of your purchase receipt, a print out of your online registration form and the original barcode from your E3 product box.
For full details of this promotion, please visit here.
Troublesome wires and cumbersome cables can be a hindrance to achieving perfect lighting for your photographic subjects. Thanks to the Olympus remote control (RC) wireless flash unit FL-50R, cordless lighting set-ups are a convenient reality. Ideal for use with the E3 DSLR, the control of up to three different flash groups can be directly enabled from the camera – no separate commander unit is required. Photographers benefit from extreme flash unit versatility enjoying greater freedom in their photography.
FL-50R – main features:
- GN50 power
- Wireless remote control in three groups (A, B and C)
- Control settings directly from camera LCD
- Choice of four channels to avoid interference
- Extendable transmission distance
- Option of TTL Auto, Auto, and Manual modes
- Bounce and swivel head
- Usual synchronisation speed 1/180 sec.
- Super FP Mode up to 1/4000th sec
- Built-in diffuser can be used to obtain wide-angle coverage at an 8mm focal length (equivalent to 16mm on a 35mm camera)
- Red-eye reduction, slow synch and 2nd curtain synch
- Flash coverage is automatically adjusted in several steps to correspond to the focal length of the lens when zooming
- Flash recycle time less than 1.3 sec. when optional SHV-1 Flash High-Voltage Set is use