Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Olympus expands its entry-level range of digital cameras with the C-2 -
The C-2 features a 2.1 megapixel CCD chip combined with a bright f/2.8, 5.5mm lens; (equivalent to 36mm on a conventional 35mm camera.) A digital zoom provides 2.5x magnification and measuring only 110x62x35mm (WxHxD) and weighing just 165 g (without batteries), the C-2 can fit into a handbag or pocket.
Recording in the QuickTime Motion JPEG format, the C-2 can also save up to 60 seconds of short film sequences at a resolution of 160x120 pixels on the 16Mb SmartMedia card supplied with the camera.
The C-2 presents a range of fully automatic operations. Autofocus measurements are carried out Though-The-Lens (TTL) and ESP metering takes readings from various points in the frame to determine the optimum exposure settings. Exposure compensation is also available for shooting in more tricky lighting conditions. In addition, the C-2 includes features such as sepia and black & white modes. The user can also use a panoramic function to create a large coverage area.
Further features include:
* Automatic white balance - achieves lifelike colour by adjusting the settings to suit the surrounding colour temperature. Pre-set modes are available for daylight, overcast conditions, tungsten and florescent light.
* Saves digital images on removable SmartMedia storage.
* USB AutoConnect* - downloading image files from the camera to PC is quick and uncomplicated.
* The CAMEDIA Master software, provided with the camera, helps archive and manage the files.
* Energy-efficient lithium battery provided (also accepts many regular and rechargeable AA batteries).
Availability and Pricing
The C-2 will be available in October, for 249.99.