Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
More functionality, less hassle - Olympus have announced the release of the FE-270: Quality at an attractive price.
Craving a camera that combines high performance and simplicity? The Olympus FE-270 keeps it fun and easy with the assurance that your precious memories are captured in Olympus quality. It boasts 7.1Mp plus a 3x optical zoom and a large 6.4cm LCD, along with a range of selectable scene modes to suit all photographic situations at hand.
When it comes to capturing the images of your life, don’t settle for second-rate pictures. The FE-270 boasts 7.1 Megapixels to give you high-quality shots that easily exceed mobile phone camera results and a 3x optical zoom that provides extra flexibility when shooting at a distance. Meanwhile, the 6.4cm LCD makes it easy to frame and review your pictures.
Things don’t get much simpler than this. Designed according to the One button, one function design principle, the FE-270 is the ultimate point-and-shoot camera. This model even features an easily-accessible guide function if you ever get stuck. What’s more, with 15 scene modes including Indoor and Self Portrait, you may never need to manually adjust a setting again. A movie recording function with sound is also included.
Olympus Master software is included with this model which makes it a cinch to transfer and edit your photos. There’s even a trial version of the Olympus Muvee Pack enabling the creation of your own movies from the pictures taken.
The Olympus FE-270 – main features:
- 7.1Mp for poster-size prints
- 3x optical zoom (equiv. to 38-114mm on a 35mm camera), 1:3.1-5.9
- 6.4cm/2.5in LCD (154,000px resolution)
- 15 scene modes for best results in different situations (e.g. Indoor and Self-Portrait)
- Liven up memories with movie recording with sound
- One button, one function design principle and Guide Function for easy operation
- Super Macro mode (as close as 5cm)
- Flexible shooting with internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
- Video out to easily enjoy images on a TV
- High ISO setting
- Mode dial with 8 programmes
- Perfect shot preview
- Includes 2 AA batteries
- Supplied with Olympus Master software 2.03 including Muvee Pack trial version
- Multi-language menu (25 languages)
The Olympus FE-270 will be available from September 2007 at around £100. For further information please visit the Olympus website.