Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Do more for less - Olympus have announced the release of the slim and feature packed FE-280.
With an ultra-slim, stainless metal exterior available in four brilliant colours, the Olympus FE-280 represents a new generation of fun and easy digital photography. Express yourself with a choice of silver, blue, black or red, while enjoying the performance of 8.0Mp and the power of the new TruePic III image processor. Including a large 6.4cm LCD for added viewing ease, the feature-packed Olympus FE-280 goes above and beyond to offer you a brilliant combination of simplicity and functionality.
Boasting 8.0 Megapixels of detail-capturing power, the Olympus FE-280 takes you further with the greatest of ease. BrightCapture Technology coupled with Face Detection Technology – for the most accurate depiction of human subjects – guarantees images of the highest quality with no extra effort on your part. A 3x optical zoom works with the large 6.4cm LCD to make framing and reviewing shots a breeze. The integrated TruePic III image processor ensures that every pixel is immortalised in true Olympus quality, while the high ISO settings help to prevent blur caused by camera shake.
Operation of the Olympus FE-280 is as simple as it gets: Designed according to the One-button, one-function principle, this camera also includes a guide function, so additional support is always at your fingertips. 20 scene modes including Underwater Wide and Macro ensure the ability to quickly and seamlessly adjust to almost any shooting situation. Furthermore, happy faces in shots are assured with the FE-280. Utilising Face Detection Technology, the innovative Smile Shot scene mode tracks faces in a composition and recognises when the subject smiles – and at that moment automatically takes the shot.
With an internal memory plus an xD Picture Card slot, it’s easy to expand storage space at any time – which can come in especially handy when capturing movies complete with sound up to memory capacity. The included Olympus Master software with Muvee Pack trial version lets you quickly and easily download, edit and share your media. An optional underwater case is additionally available for more fun up to 40m beneath the water’s surface.
The Olympus FE-280 – main features:
- Slim, stainless metal body
- Face Detection Technology for perfectly focused and exposed faces plus correct exposure of other image areas
- Choose your favourite of four colours (silver, black, red or blue)
- 3x optical zoom (equiv. to 36-108mm on a 35mm camera), 1:3.1-5.9
- 8.0Mp for poster-size prints
- See and share images on the 6.4cm/2.5in LCD (230,000 pixel resolution)
- 20 scene modes for best results in different situations (e.g. Underwater Wide, Macro, Smile Shot)
- One button, one function design principle, plus Guide Function for easy operation
- Better low light shooting thanks to BrightCapture Technology
- Liven up memories with movie recording with sound
- TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
- Underwater shooting up to a water pressure equivalent of 40m possible in combination with optional Underwater Case PT-038
- High ISO settings for less blur (up to ISO1600)
- Perfect Shot Preview
- Super Macro mode (as close as 5cm)
- 8-programme mode dial
- Internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
- Supplied with Olympus Master software 2.03, including Muvee Pack trial version plus LI-42B lithium ion battery
- Multi-language menu including 25 languages on board
The Olympus FE-280 will be available from September 2007 at around £140. For further information please visit the Olympus website.