Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Get close, get wide, see more - Olympus have announced the release of released the FE-290 with 4x zoom and supersize LCD.
You can demand more from your camera with the 4x wide zoom Olympus FE-290. It delivers the greatest versatility in its class – all in a pocket-sized silver or black housing. With a powerful 7.1 Megapixels and giant 7.6cm LCD, it’s a cinch to quickly frame and capture high-resolution shots which you can immediately show to all your friends. And thanks to this camera’s One button, one function design principle, creating great images is simpler than ever.
With a slim metal body available in a choice of silver or black, the Olympus FE-290 is taking the entry class to a new level. 7.1Mp coupled with a 4x wide optical zoom (28-112mm equivalent) gives you the ability to see more – whether taking in the big picture or zooming in from a distance. You can also count on added framing ease with a giant 7.6cm LCD, which not only makes it significantly easier to compose shots, but also to review images you’ve captured.
Based on the One button, one function design principle, the FE-290 also includes a built-in guide function that’s always available for help when you need it. 15 scene modes including Landscape and Portrait provide a quick and easy way to adjust to virtually any shooting situation. An additional mode dial allows you to move simply between eight programme modes.
Internal memory plus an xD-Picture Card slot makes the FE-290 fully-expandable, which is not only useful for capturing still images, but also for shooting movies with sound, the duration of which is only limited by memory capacity. For additional ease in the transfer, editing and archiving of all your media, the Olympus Master software is included along with the Muvee Pack trial version which lets you create movies using the images you have captured.
The Olympus FE-290 – main features:
- 4x wide optical zoom (equiv. to 28-112mm on a 35mm camera) 1:3.3-5.0
- See and share images on the extra-large 7.6cm/3.0in LCD (234,000 px resolution)
- 7.1Mp to make poster-size prints
- One button, one function design principle and Guide Function for easy operation
- 15 scene modes for best results in different situations (e.g. Landscape and Portrait)
- Liven up memories with movie recording with sound
- Super Macro mode (as close as 5cm)
- Flexible shooting with internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
- Slim metal body in silver or black
- High ISO setting
- Perfect Shot Preview
- Supplied with Olympus Master software 2.03 including Muvee Pack trial version plus LI-42B lithium ion battery
The Olympus FE-290 will be available from September 2007 at around £170. For further please visit the Olympus website.