Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Ease, flexibility and performance from Olympus - Olympus have announced the release of the FE-300: High-spec at a low price.
Get all the ease, flexibility and performance you could ever want from an entry-class camera. The Olympus FE-300 is equipped with an astounding 12.0Mp to let you capture every bit of detail while retaining the ability to crop and resize images later on a computer. Face Detection Technology works intelligently to ensure the accurate depiction of people, while high ISO settings help to prevent blur caused by camera shake.
Want more for less? With a giant 12.0 Mp, the Olympus FE-300 is the solution. Encased in a slim, metal body, this model doesn’t compromise functionality for simplicity. A bright 3x optical zoom together with a large 6.4cm LCD make framing shots a breeze. Meanwhile, BrightCapture Technology works to improve results in low-light conditions. The integration of the powerful TruePic III image processor puts unprecedented power and image quality at your fingertips.
To keep things nice and easy, the FE-300 features the One button, one function design principle. Together with a built-in guide function, it ensures the greatest of photographic ease and flexibility. With 17 scene modes including Candle, Fireworks or Portrait, you may never have to manually adjust a setting again. And using the integrated Face Detection Technology, the inventive Smile Shot mode even recognises faces in a scene and then automatically releases the shutter when subjects smile. Meanwhile, an eight-step mode dial means you’re never more than a few clicks away from the appropriate camera mode and high ISO settings minimise the chance of blur caused by camera shake.
Equipped with both internal memory and an xD-Picture Card slot, the FE-300 is ready to capture both still shots and movies with sound up to memory capacity. And the Olympus Master software including the Muvee Pack trial version makes it a cinch to transfer, edit and archive images on a personal computer.
The Olympus FE-300 – main features:
- Maximum detail with 12.0Mp resolution
- Bright 3x optical zoom (equiv. to 35-105mm on a 35mm camera) 1:2.8-4.7
- High ISO setting for less blur (ISO1600, or up to 6400 in reduced pixel mode)
- See and share more on the 6.4cm/2.5in LCD (230,000 px resolution)
- Face Detection Technology for perfectly focused and exposed faces plus correct exposure of other image areas
- 17 scene modes for best results in different situations (e.g. Candle, Fireworks and Smile Shot)
- One button, one function design principle plus Guide Function for easy operation
- Better low light shooting thanks to BrightCapture Technology
- Liven up memories with movie recording with sound
- TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
- Perfect Shot Preview
- Super Macro mode (as close as 10cm)
- Stylish metal body
- Internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
- Supplied with Olympus Master software 2.03 including Muvee Pack trial version plus LI-42B lithium ion battery
The Olympus FE-300 will be available from September 2007 at around £200. For further information please visit the Olympus website.