Olympus 800 C-4040Zoom joins their C-2040Z and C-3040Z
digital cameras and introduces two new features - noise reduction and pixel
Its 4.14 million pixel CCD uses an image
optimisation algorithm to intelligently interpolate data up to the equivalent of
a 7.7 million pixels. Olympus say this increased output allows superb quality
printing direct from the SmartMedia card up to 16x20in. The f/1.8-2.6, 3x
optical zoom and 2.5x digital zoom lens provides up to 7.5x magnification.
In addition, the C-4040 Zoom boasts Olympus' new Noise Reduction System. It
compares images against a black background to identify and then remove all noise
from the image. This is a unique feature in digital cameras to minimise
background noise for clearer, more precise pictures.
Olympus say the C-4040 Zoom also contains a unique pixel mapping function
that re-calibrates the CCD to ensure that all pixels are in operation. This
option is easily activated and will guarantee better image quality with sharper
resolution, more vivid colour and less picture noise.
A multitude of choices to regulate exposure levels including program auto,
aperture-priority, shutter-priority and manual are available for greater control
under diverse conditions. Focus can also be adjusted manually.
The C-4040Zoom incorporates a buffer memory allowing up to eight sequence
shots to be captured at up to two frames per second in HQ mode. It measures
110(W)x76(H)x70(D)mm and weighs around 300g.
Key features of the C-4040Zoom include:
- Bright 7.1 - 21.3mm 3x zoom lens (35-105mm equivalent in 35mm
- Built in flash - provides multiple modes enabling night-time and low-light
shots. Can be used with external flash, such as Olympus FL-40, for extra
- Optimum image enlargement mode - enlarges images up to 3200x2400 pixels in
SHQ or HQ mode.
- User-friendly interface - a streamlined menu with shortcut menus and
custom buttons for easy navigation.
- USB Auto-connect - connect to any USB-compatible Windows computer or
Macintosh for easy downloading.
- Rugged lens barrel - new rubber grip around the lens barrel provides for
surer handling in any weather condition.
- Multi-spot metering - combines up to eight spot reading positions
for total control over subject exposure.
- Spot AF function - allows the camera to focus on points specifically
selected by the photographer.
- White balance - control over white balance settings in any lighting
condition and ensure proper colour reproduction
- Sharpness and contrast settings - soft, normal and hard sharpness settings
adjust the definition around the subject to meet any need.
- QuickTime movie mode - capture up to 120 seconds of video /sound.
For stockists call freephone 0800 072 0070.