Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Olympus lens range extended - Coinciding with the launch of the new E-500 digital SLR, Olympus extend range of interchangeable lenses to provide photographers with an even greater choice and increased creative possibilities
Zuiko Digital 17.5-45mm
Zuiko Digital 35mm macro
Zuiko Digital 35-100mm
Zuiko Digital ED 90-250mm
Two Top Pro range telephoto lenses are also being introduced, both of which offer extraordinary brightness across their entire focal range and guarantee outstanding image quality.
The Zuiko Digital ED 18-180mm (36-360mm equivalent in 35mm format) 1:3.5-6.3 is a compact and lightweight standard zoom lens, features 10x magnification power ranging from a 18mm to 180mm tele. This lens offers versatility and its closest focusing distance is just 0.45m at any zoom position.
1) Focal length: 18-180mm (36-360mm equivalent)
2) Lens speed: 1:3.5-6.3
3) Closest focusing distance: 0.45m
4) Dimensions: 84.5 x 78mm
5) Weight: 440g
The Zuiko Digital 17.5-45mm (35-90mm equivalent in 35mm format)) 1:3.5-5.6 is a standard 2.6x zoom lens. Extremely compact and lightweight, it has a closest focusing distance of 0.28m at any zoom position. This lens will be sold exclusively as part of the Olympus E-500 SE Kit.
1) Focal length: 17.5-45mm (35-90mm)
2) Lens speed: 1:3.5-5.6
3) Closest focusing distance: 0.28m
4) Dimensions: 71 x 70mm
5) Weight: 210g
Olympus present the world's lightest macro lens with the introduction of the Zuiko Digital 35mm (70mm equivalent) Macro 1:3.5. The lens weighs just 165g and enables users to take 1:1 life-size macro shots (2:1 equivalent on a 35mm camera).
1) Focal length: 35mm (70mm)
2) Lens speed: 1:3.5
3) Closest focusing distance: 0.146m
4) Dimensions: 71 x 53mm
5) Weight: 165g
The latest two models in the Top Pro range of interchangeable lenses, specifically aimed at the professional photographer, feature Olympus advanced optics and high precision technology and are dust and splash-proof, making them ideal for working under demanding conditions.
The Zuiko Digital ED 35-100mm (equivalent to 70-200mm on a 35mm camera) 1:2.0 is the worlds first 1:2.0 telephoto lens. Its increased focal length and maintained 1:2.0 aperture over the entire range makes it the brightest choice for the professional photographer.
1) Ultra-bright 1:2.0 maximum aperture over entire zoom range
2) One Super ED and four ED glass elements for absolute minimum chromatic aberration
3) Splash and dust proof construction to enhance reliability
4) 2.9x zoom performance 35-100mm (70-200mm on a 35mm camera)
5) Closest focusing distance: 1.4m
6) Dimensions: 96.5 x 213.5mm
7) Weight: 1,800g (with tripod adapter)
The Zuiko Digital ED 90-250mm (180-500mm) 1:2.8 is ideal for photographers who rely on fast framing, such as sports and nature photographers, as it maintains bright 1:2.8 aperture even at the full, ultra-telephoto 250mm focal length (equivalent to 500mm in 35mm format).
1) Ultra-bright 1:2.8 maximum aperture over entire zoom range 2) 2.8x telephoto to ultra-telephoto zoom performance 90-250mm (180-500mm on a 35mm camera) 3) Three ED glass elements for absolute minimum chromatic aberration 4) Splash and dust proof construction to enhance reliability 5) Closest focusing distance: 2.5m 6) Dimensions: 124 x 276mm 7) Weight: 3,270g (with tripod adapter)
Help support ePHOTOzine and look here for other Olympus Zuiko Digital lenses