Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
The first lens announced as part of the new M.Zuiko PRO lens range is the 12-40mm f/2.8 lens, and will be available with the Olympus OM-D E-M1. Olympus also announced the development of the M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO telephoto zoom lens, shown here, due for release by the end of 2014.
New M. Zuiko Digital lens categories:
- M.Zuiko PRO - Professional series that has high option and dustproof / splashproof performance and robustness. They always provide high image quality under any condition.
- M.Zuiko Premium - High performance prime lens series that provides clear image with beautiful blur by its great optics.
- M. Zuiko - Small and light lens series that provides enjoyable shooting.
Olympus has also shown a lens roadmap showing plans to release two additional M.Zuiko PRO Micro Four Thirds lenses:
- M.Zuiko Pro Wide-angle Zoom
- M.Zuiko Pro Super-telephoto lens (between 150-350mm)
Olympus Lens Roadmap 2013-2014
Read our Olympus OM-D E-M1 Hands-On Review
Read our Olympus M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Preview