With new features and zoom power, Olympus' µ series maybe small but they're a set to pay attention to. With their 10x wide optical zoom, 14 Megapixels and up to 2GB of internal memory, these cameras really do mean business!
Available in a range of stunning colours, the µ-5010, µ-7030, µ-7040, and µ-9010 can be purchased in March 2010.
Ultra-slim yet bursting with power, Olympus’ latest pocket cameras are ready for their close-up. The new stylish models have retained the original µ series size, but their zoom power and features have grown exponentially. Fitted with up to 10x wide optical zoom and internal memory for endless shooting, these extra-thin zoom cameras are real technology heavyweights. And of course most of the models now boast HD movie recording. Sporting the trusted Olympus technology and available in a range of stunning colours, the µ-5010, µ-7030, µ-7040, and µ-9010 will hit stores in March 2010.
Slip a stylish µ out of your cocktail bag or jacket breast pocket and prepare to impress with one of the world’s smallest zoom power packages. New features in this line-up:
- 14 Megapixels
- HD movie recording and HDMI technology
- Up to 2GB internal memory
- Photo Surfing
- [ib] software
- In-Camera Manual
With 14 Megapixels and up to 2GB of internal memory the new µ cameras shoot brilliant pictures and leave plenty of space to save your masterpieces. Optical zooms ranging from the ultra-slim wide 5x (26-130mm) and 7x (28-196mm) to a staggering wide 10x (28-280mm* ensure you’ll never be at a loss when capturing a group of friends or a point in the distance. Then simply flip through the results using the new Photo Surfing option. Thanks to Olympus [ib] technology, it allows pictures tagged by event, person, or location (using Face Recognition and GPS) to be located easily. LCDs measuring up to 3in make sharing or looking up the latest trick in the In-Camera Manual all the more enjoyable. And you can even shoot HD movies to capture important events in all their glory and relax by watching them on TV via HDMI. What more can you ask for?
Well, you could request a number of other Olympus functions, and it almost goes without saying that these are on board as well. To name a few: Dual Image Stabilisation, i-Auto, AF Tracking, Beauty Mode, and In-Camera Panorama all let you snap great shots without worrying about the details. Magic Filters are also on hand to let you test the limits of your creativity.
Small in size but big in zoom power and technology, the µ-5010, µ-7030, µ-7040, and µ-9010 will be available in March 2010.
The Olympus µ-5010, µ-7030, µ-7040 and µ-9010 – main features:
- 10x (µ-9010), 7x (µ-7040 & µ-7030) and 5x (µ-5010) wide optical zooms (28-280mm*, 28-196mm*, 26-130mm*)
- Dual Image Stabilisation (combines mechanical and digital image stabilisation)
- HD movie recording and HDMI technology (µ-7030: movie with sound)
- 14 Megapixels
- 2GB internal memory (µ-7030 & µ-5010: 1GB) and SD** Card compatible
- Photo Surfing and [ib] software
- 7.6cm/3.0” (µ-7040) or 6.9cm/2.7” HyperCrystal II LCD (230,000 dots)
- Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking
- Advanced Face Detection
- Magic Filters
- In-Camera Manual
- In-Camera Panorama
- TruePic III image processor
- Available in Titanium Silver, Light Pink and Light Blue (µ-5010), Titanium Silver, Coral Blue and Orchid Purple (µ-7030), Titanium Silver, Copper Blue and Dusty Pink (µ-7040), Champagne Gold and Midnight Black (µ-9010)
For more information please visit the Olympus