Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Winter kit from Olympus - Olympus have announced the release of the Olympus µ 790 SW Winter Kit - just the thing for winter sports enthusiasts.
Giving skiers, snowboarders and other winter sports fans the perfect gear they need to capture the stunning images and magic moments of their snow-bound exploits, Olympus releases the µ 790 SW Winter Kit. In addition to the shock, water and freezeproof µ 790 SW camera in Starry Silver, the kit also includes a neoprene case, a stylish Rossignol beanie and a fun snow tube. With this great combination, there’s no time like now to hit the slopes. The new kit is currently available in stores for a price of approximately £200.
Built for action, the Olympus µ 790 SW boasts exceedingly tough attributes. Shockproof to 1.5m, waterproof to 3m, and freezeproof to -10°C, this camera is engineered to withstand the demands of some of the harshest photographic conditions and will take the knocks, drops and ice-cold temperatures of a full day in the snow in its stride. Yet despite its rugged characteristics, this stylish camera for high-octane lifestyles looks great and doesn’t compromise on photographic features.
The µ 790 SW puts advanced opto-digital technology to work to immortalise the thrills and spills of the winter calendar. For versatility in locating and framing subjects, the 7.1Mp camera features a 3x optical zoom (equiv. to 38-114mm). The solid model also has the ability to recognise human faces as the main subject of a composition thanks to Face Detection Technology. Multiple scene modes are also available to optimise photographic settings for many other common shooting situations.
In a special cooperation with this season’s Rossignol Demo Tour , visitors can test the µ 790 SW first hand under extreme condition at over 120 events throughout Europe.
Olympus µ 790 SW Winter Kit includes:
- µ 790 SW camera in Starry Silver
- Rossignol beanie
- Snow tube
- Neoprene case
The Olympus µ 790 SW – main features:
Take it anywhere, anytime since it’s shockproof up to 1.5m
- Exciting shots in and by the water since it’s waterproof to 3m
- Face Detection Technology for perfectly focused and exposed faces plus correct exposure for other image areas
- 6.4cm/2.5in HyperCrystal LCD (230,000px resolution) with a bright display even in brilliant sunlight
- High ISO settings for less blur
- 7.1Mp to make poster-sized prints
- 3x optical zoom (equiv. to 38-114mm on a 35mm camera) 1:3.5-5.0 for stunning portraits, with optical folded light path and water-repellent lens coating
- Better low-light shooting thanks to BrightCapture Technology
- 23 scene modes for the best results in different situations
- Liven up your memories with movie recording plus sound
- TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
- Underwater shooting up to water pressure equivalent of 40m possible in combination with optional underwater case PT-041
- Shadow Adjustment Technology to brighten shadowy areas in a composition
- Perfect Fix function for correction e.g. backlight and red-eye
- Stylish metal exterior
- One-touch light and LED Macro Illuminator
- Internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
- 25 languages on board
- Supplied with Olympus Master software 2.03 and Muvee Pack trial version, LI-42B battery and charger
For more information, please visit the Olympus website.