This autumn, Olympus introduces a camera that boasts both elegance and power. The Olympus µ [mju:] 820 is a dream come true with an impressive 5x optical zoom and stylish, weatherproof body in midnight black, starry silver, ruby red or crystal blue. Exciting colours and more magnification power are only the beginning: A giant 6.9cm HyperCrystal LCD makes this camera ideal for framing and reviewing shots with friends. The µ [mju:] 820 also lets you say goodbye to blurry or poorly-exposed faces in photos: The integrated Face Detection Technology scans compositions for faces and then optimally adjusts exposure and focus settings for the best results. And, 8.0 Megapixels ensure not a precious bit of image detail goes missing.
Beat the rain and overcome distances
With a slim, weatherproof metal body in midnight black, starry silver, ruby red or crystal blue, the µ [mju:] 820 is the essential combination of form and function. From its attractive, slim-line exterior to its handy splash resistance – this camera is perfect for a hike in the rainforest or to simply have with you at all times, since you never know what life may bring. A 5x optical zoom (equivalent to 36-180mm) and 5.6x digital zoom combine to provide magnification power that takes you right into the heart of the action. And with a total of 8.0 Megapixels, every shot gets captured in the finest detail.
More power inside
Several innovations work together to ensure great results. For the most accurate and sharpest depiction of human faces possible, Face Detection Technology has been incorporated which sets optimum exposure and focus values for the faces in compositions. Shadow Adjustment Technology, meanwhile, ensures that shadowy areas in the background are packed with detail. BrightCapture Technology enhances images further by increasing sensitivity in low-light conditions. Additionally, the integration of the powerful TruePic III image processing engine improves colour and noise performance while also boosting camera speed. Matched with a giant 6.9cm HyperCrystal LCD, framing, shooting and reviewing pictures is both extremely comfortable and fun.
A picture of ease
20 scene modes including Portrait, Night Scene, and Sports let the user quickly adjust to a wide variety of different shooting situations. The Smile Shot scene mode can even detect when the subject smiles and automatically releases the shutter just at the right moment. On-board editing functions add extra practicality and fun to the mix: There’s Red-eye Fix which lets users correct unsightly red eyes; Expression Edit allows for the amusing distortion of faces; and Face Focus gradually blurs shots outward from the face in a starburst-formation. Furthermore, a total of 25 languages on board mean menu navigation is a piece of cake for virtually anyone. And internal memory plus an xD-Picture Card slot make it easy to expand storage space for additional photos at any time.
The Olympus µ [mju:] 820 – main features:
- 5x optical zoom (equivalent to 36-180mm on a 35mm camera), 1:3.3-5.0 – for capturing great scenes and exciting close-ups – plus 5.6x digital zoom
- Large 6.9cm/2.7in HyperCrystal LCD (230,000 pixel resolution) with bright display even in brilliant sunlight
- Face Detection Technology for perfectly focused and exposed faces
- Shadow Adjustment Technology to brighten shadowy areas in a composition
- Best companion rain or shine with weatherproof metal body in midnight black, starry silver, ruby red or crystal blue
- 8.0 Mp to make poster-sized prints
- High ISO setting for less blur
- Better low-light shooting thanks to BrightCapture Technology
- 20 scene modes (e.g. Smile Shot, Night Scene, Sports) for the best results in different situations
- Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound
- TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
- Super Macro mode (as close a 3cm)
- Editing functions (e.g. Expression Edit or Face Focus)
- Perfect Fix function for correction of e.g. backlight and red-eye
- Internal memory plus xD-Picture Card and slot
- 25 languages on board
- Supplied with Olympus Master software 2.03 including Muvee Pack trial version and LI-42B battery