Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Olympus say you can drop, freeze and soak their new µ Tough cameras and they'll still keep going. The µ Tough-8010 and µ Tough-6020 come with 2Gb of internal memory and built-in Dual Image Stabilisation to keep you capturing the action in even the most chaotic of situations.
Priced at £399.99 and £319.99, the new cameras will be available in March.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going, so the saying goes. And that’s certainly true of the Olympus µ Tough-8010 and µ Tough-6020. Whether you soak them, drop them, or freeze them, these 14 Megapixel action cameras just keep on performing, taking outstanding pictures and HD movies. Up to 5x wide zoom brings you right to where the action is, and the built-in Dual Image Stabilisation helps during fast-paced chaotic shoots. These tough cookies can store even more with up to 2GB internal memory, and you can intuitively surf through your albums using the new [ib] software. Essential companions on any adventure, the Olympus µ Tough-8010 and µ Tough-6020 are available to buy from March 2010 for a retail price of £399.99 and £319.99 respectively.
Waterproof up to 10m, shockproof up to 2m and freezeproof up to -10°C, the latest in the ultra durable series really are gluttons for punishment. µ Tough models are made to pass extreme survival tests. Just ask Lloyd Godson. Australia’s Geographic Adventurer of the year spent two weeks living in an underwater habitat. In spring 2010 he will be doing the same for the Legoland in Günzburg, Southern Germany. His camera of choice for this new underwater exploit? A µ Tough of course!
With more grit than John Wayne and as reliable as time itself, these new rock-solid wonders will go anywhere you dare to, faithfully recording your life’s experiences in crisp photographic and HD movie glory. Available in a variety of colours, the Olympus µ Tough-8010 and µ Tough-6020 truly are hard nuts to crack.
The Olympus µ Tough-8010 and µ Tough-6020 – main features:
- Shockproof to 2m, waterproof to 10m, crushproof to 100kg freezeproof to -10°C and scratchproof (µ TOUGH-6020: shockproof to 1.5m, waterproof to 5m and freezeproof to -10°C)
- 5x wide optical zoom (28-140mm)
- Dual Image Stabilisation (combines mechanical and digital image stabilisation)
- HD movie recording and HDMI technology
- 14 Megapixels
- 2GB internal memory (µ Tough-6020: 1GB) and SD Card compatible
- Photo Surfing and [ib] software
- Improved TAP Control Menu
- 6.9cm/2.7in HyperCrystal III LCD (230,000 dots)
- Advanced Face Detection and Shadow Adjustment Technology
- Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking
- Magic Filters
- Manometer (µ Tough-8010 only)
- In-Camera Manual
- USB charging
- Available in Platinum Silver and Midnight Black (µ TOUGH-8010) or in Midnight Black, Candy Pink, Steel Blue, and Cosmic Green (µ Tough-6020)