The ultra zoom camera category has a new world champion with the new Olympus SP-570 UZ, bringing you closer to the action than ever before with an incredible 20x wide optical zoom. Featuring built-in Dual Image Stabilisation, Olympus’ latest innovation for ambitious, specialist and creative photographers eliminates blur associated with camera shake to deliver razor sharp images, even at high levels of magnification. You can also breathe easy as you close in on the shot of a lifetime: sequential shooting at up to 15fps makes sure you won’t miss a thing. The SP-570 UZ will arrive in stores in March 2008 at a recommended retail price of £389.99.
Cutting-edge ultra zoom technology
Capture unique moments in the middle of a sports field or at the front of a college podium – even when you’re stuck on the sidelines or at the back of the theatre. Providing photographers with unprecedented telephoto power, the spectacular zoom capabilities of the SP-570 UZ bring your subject virtually close enough to touch. This 20x wide optical zoom model covers an equivalent focal range of 26-520mm, making it the world’s most powerful zoom camera in this segment. Performance can be enhanced to an amazing 2600mm when combined with the 5.0x digital zoom. Even greater magnification up to a breathtaking maximum of 4420mm is possible when adding the optional TCON-17 Teleconverter and CLA-10 Adapter Ring.
Because the risk of blurry images grows as the focal length increases, Olympus incorporates Dual Image Stabilisation in the SP-570 UZ. It guards against blur caused by camera shake and is the perfect insurance for sports photographers and in all other situations where there are no second chances to capture the magic of the moment. Furthermore, this model’s 15f/p/s burst rate means not even a split-second of action will be missed. Additional smart technology also helps to capture unexpected surprises – the pre-capture mode enables recording of five frames before the shutter is even released.
The big picture
The 26mm wide-angle capabilities of the SP-570 UZ make it perfect for getting the full picture when it comes to indoor and architectural photography. Framing is easy too, with a large 6.9cm/2.7in HyperCrystal LCD and BrightCapture Technology faithfully depicting the composition.
Get up close and explore the enchanting miniature world around you. With a minimum shooting distance of merely 1cm, the Super Macro mode of the SP-570 UZ is perfect for unlocking nature’s secrets and photographing other captivating details and surface textures.
A full technological arsenal
The SP-570 UZ features a full suite of Olympus digital imaging innovations to ensure the capture of the best possible images. This includes High ISO Settings, Face Detection Technology, Shadow Adjustment Technology, and TruePic III.
Ease of use
On top of automatic shooting and manual (P/A/S/M) control options, the SP-570 UZ also features a choice of 22 scene modes which are optimised for frequently encountered shooting situations. This ensures an ideal balance between point-and-shoot ease and creative freedom for ambitious photographers. Those seeking yet a further degree of control will appreciate the ability to manually adjust focus and zoom levels using the lens ring. In addition to a hotshoe, a wireless flash control makes cable clutter a thing of the past: the SP-570 UZ boasts compatibility with the new Olympus FL-50R and FL-36R flash units which were initially introduced for use with the Olympus professional D-SLR model, the E-3. And dioptric correction enables those who wear glasses to use the viewfinder, while a menu in 38 languages ensures problem-free navigation for virtually everyone.
The fully-featured SP-570 UZ gives users unprecedented zoom power and a fill of extras that add up to a rewarding all-round photo experience. The camera will be available to buy in March.
The Olympus SP-570 UZ – main features:
- 20x optical zoom (equivalent to 26-520mm) - from extreme close-ups to stunning scenes
- Avoids blur thanks to Dual Image Stabilisation
- Don't miss the moment with high-speed 15f/p/s sequence shooting
- Face Detection Technology for perfectly focused and exposed faces plus correct exposure of other image areas
- P/A/S/M exposure modes for creative freedom
- 22 scene modes for the best results in different situations
- 10Mp to make poster-size prints
- See and share images on the 6.9cm/2.7in LCD
- Better low light shooting thanks to BrightCapture Technology
- Great for shots of flowers and detail from as close as 1cm with Super Macro mode
- Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound
- TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
- 38 languages on board
- Dioptric correction
- Flexible shooting with internal memory or using xD-Picture Card
- Supplied with Olympus Master software 2.03 including Muvee Pack trial version plus four AA batteries
- TCON-017 teleconversion lens and CLA-10 adapter ring optionally available for maximum of 884mm (or 4420mm when combined with digital zoom)