Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Olympus VF-3 Electronic Viewfinder

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Category: Misc

VF-3 Viewfinder Enhances New PEN Camera Range - Olympus launche a new high-resolution electronic viewfinder to boost the imaging power of its stylish PEN Micro Four Thirds cameras – the new PEN (E-P3), PEN Lite (E-PL3) and PEN mini (E-PM1).

Posted:
Print Article Add Comment Add CommentJargon Buster: Off Jargon Buster: Off

Olympus has launched a new high-resolution electronic viewfinder for its new PEN Micro Four Thirds cameras. The VF-3 offers a 100% field of view, tilts up to 90° and has more than four times the resolution of rival electronic viewfinders for comparable cameras. The VF-3 is available from mid-August 2011 for £179.99.

For more information please visit the Olympus website.

Building Shaped Like Giant Camera Is A Coffee Shop

Camera Shaped Coffee Shop Now Open For Business

A camera enthusiast in South Korea has built a coffee shop s...

Hahnemühle Launch 350GSM Canvas Metallic

Hahnemühle Launch Canvas Metallic

Hahnemühle has launched a bright white fine art inkjet canva...

Tiffen Brings Hollywood Diffusion Effects Filters To Photographers

Tiffen Hollywood Diffusion Effects Filters

Tiffen has launched its Pearlescent, Satin and Black Satin f...

Comments

cameracat
cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2011 - 9:46 AM

Interesting is it not....?

First bring out a camera with no viewfinder, Then bring out a viewfinder to go with it.....Grin

Reminds me of the old " Johnny Cash " his song about a car worker, Who built " One Piece At A Time "

The guy was a one of.....Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
27 Jul 2011 - 9:57 AM

Andy_Cundell
27 Jul 2011 - 9:57 AM

It's 'camera bling' and if I had a PEN I would be buying one!Wink

Andy

Last Modified By Andy_Cundell at 27 Jul 2011 - 9:58 AM
lemmy
lemmy  61676 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Jul 2011 - 4:56 PM

I have the Panasonic version for my GF2 and it is pretty rudimentary. This looks much better.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214399 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2011 - 7:01 PM

Quote: Its a bit like buying your camera in " Kit " form, Only you buy it in seperate pieces.....Smile

It's 'camera bling' and if I had a PEN I would be buying one

Hehe Smile

Its all about choice, if you want an inbody viewfinder get a Pany, if you want in body IS get a Pen.

The price has dropped a little compared to the VF2 and this is not only a viewfinder, just like the VF2 its also a waist level finder.

And if its anything like the VF2 you can use it other camera`s as they become available like the
XZ-1

lemmy
lemmy  61676 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Jul 2011 - 1:24 PM

I wonder if this would fit a Panasonic GF2? The lenses for both have a common fitting but I guess it's unlikely.

Paul Morgan
28 Jul 2011 - 11:38 PM

Quote: I wonder if this would fit a Panasonic GF2?

I have no idea but I do believe that some of the features found on Olympus flash units will not all work when connected to Pany`s.

- Original Poster Comments