Olympus VF-3 Electronic Viewfinder

Olympus VF-3 Electronic Viewfinder - Olympus launche a new high-resolution electronic viewfinder to boost the imaging power of its stylish PEN Micro Four Thirds cameras the new PEN (E-P3), PEN Lite (E-PL3) and PEN mini (E-PM1).

Category : Misc

Olympus has launched a new high-resolution electronic viewfinder for its new PEN Micro Four Thirds cameras. The VF-3 offers a 100% field of view, tilts up to 90° and has more than four times the resolution of rival electronic viewfinders for comparable cameras. The VF-3 is available from mid-August 2011 for £179.99.

For more information please visit the Olympus website.

Comments

cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
27 Jul 2011 9:46AM
Interesting is it not....?

First bring out a camera with no viewfinder, Then bring out a viewfinder to go with it.....Grin

Reminds me of the old " Johnny Cash " his song about a car worker, Who built " One Piece At A Time "

The guy was a one of.....Wink

Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
27 Jul 2011 9:57AM
It's 'camera bling' and if I had a PEN I would be buying one!Wink

Andy
lemmy 7 1.8k United Kingdom
27 Jul 2011 4:56PM
I have the Panasonic version for my GF2 and it is pretty rudimentary. This looks much better.
Paul Morgan e2
13 14.8k 6 England
27 Jul 2011 7:01PM

Quote: Its a bit like buying your camera in " Kit " form, Only you buy it in seperate pieces.....Smile

It's 'camera bling' and if I had a PEN I would be buying one

Hehe Smile

Its all about choice, if you want an inbody viewfinder get a Pany, if you want in body IS get a Pen.

The price has dropped a little compared to the VF2 and this is not only a viewfinder, just like the VF2 its also a waist level finder.

And if its anything like the VF2 you can use it other camera`s as they become available like the
XZ-1
lemmy 7 1.8k United Kingdom
28 Jul 2011 1:24PM
I wonder if this would fit a Panasonic GF2? The lenses for both have a common fitting but I guess it's unlikely.
Paul Morgan e2
13 14.8k 6 England
28 Jul 2011 11:38PM

Quote: I wonder if this would fit a Panasonic GF2?

I have no idea but I do believe that some of the features found on Olympus flash units will not all work when connected to Pany`s.