Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
OMG Launch New Autographer Camera - OMG has launched a new camera, the Autographer, which automatically captures photos of your day.
OMG Life has announced the release of Autographer, a new camera that will change the way we think about photography.
Autographer will be available to purchase from November 2012. It is a hands free automatic camera that can capture thousands of photographs a day. It is worn round the neck or clipped on to clothing to document your day in a new kind of way.
The camera uses five on-board sensors and GPS capability to identify the perfect time to take a photo, based on changes in light and colour, motion, direction and temperature. For instance, Autographer might capture an image when the wearer speeds up as they run for the bus, moves from a warm pub to a snowy street or turns around to greet a friend.
The five sensors are:
- Accelerometer: measures how quickly or slowly the Autographer is accelerating.
- Colour sensor: Autographer’s ‘eye’, perceiving light and brightness and adjusting the image accordingly.
- Magnetometer: determines which direction the camera is facing.
- PIR: motion detector that uses infrared light to sense moving objects.
- Temperature: inbuilt thermometer, measuring ambient temperature.
- GPS: Autographer’s locator pinpointing the camera’s position on earth.
- Key Features:
- All glass wide-angle precision optics; 136o field of view
- OLED display
- 8GB internal memory
- 5 Megapixels
- Fixed focus
- Weight 58g
- Width 37.4mm (with side buttons); length 90mm (95.5mm with lanyard ring); thickness 22.9mm (with clip and lens)