Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
The OSnap app creates time lapse videos by taking a series of photos and combining them. It's packed full of features which make it possible to take unique videos whether it be over a short or long period of time. The OSnap Time Lapse app is available from the iTunes Store for free, at the moment.
- Add or delete images any time you like
- Supports portrait and landscape
- Customise your default settings
- Supports front and back cameras, camera flash, tap for exposure and focus, exposure lock, white balance lock, focus lock
- Capture images at high or low resolution; supported devices also include 16:9 capture options (960x540, 720p, 1080p)
- Listening mode triggers photo capture with loud sounds for stop motion projects
- Choose from a collection of unique, highly customisable target overlays to keep your photo sequences aligned and consistent. Overlay types include grid, onion skin, adjustable brackets, and eyes
- Set hourly, daily, weekly or monthly reminders
- Create HD videos from 1-100 frames per second
- Include music or other audio from your device
- Specify the number of times you would like your sequence to repeat or loop to end of audio
- Videos are saved, archived and can be accessed at any time
- Share your videos easily to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Email or to your Camera Roll
- Play and watch your projects immediately without rendering to video
- Adjust the speed of your playback while you watch
- Videos you eventually render will mimic your playback settings exactly
- Duplicate, splice, mix and edit together pieces of your time lapse sequences into entirely new cinematic creations
- Set timer to capture images as fast as every 0.25 seconds (performance may vary with hardware) or as slow as every 48 hours
- Photos are saved immediately so that you will never lose data
- System notifications will not interrupt timed photo sessions
- Set a delayed start so that your capture session does not begin immediately
- Limit number of photos for each timed capture session; or take unlimited photos
- Darken screen during long image capture sessions to help preserve battery life
- Rapid timer settings (as fast as 0.25 seconds) allows for photo burst capabilities; capture multiple, quick photo sequences of sports and other live action events
When you open the app, your projects are listed, you can go into an existing one or start a new one. The first option is to give it a name. If you have already set your preferred settings you can start shooting straight away or adjust the settings. This is where you can set the orientation, resolution, timer interval and much more.
When you are happy with the settings it's time you take your pictures. For the best results you need to place your iPhone on a tripod. You can lock the white-balance, focus and exposure or set it to take a picture upon hearing a loud noise. To set the timer, hit the clock button. This then takes your photos. If you are taking pictures over an extended period, for example, every day, you can overlay one of your previous photos to help line up your next shot.
When finished you can then play back your shots as a video. To change the fps you need to hit the settings cog, you can also change it to loop or play once. The video below is 100 shots, taken every 15 seconds. The video then plays them back at 20 fps, creating a 5 second video. It is excellent in this situation as you can clearly see the movement of the clouds. There is also another example on our YouTube Page.
|The OSnap Time Lapse iOS app is currently available for free, with amazing results possible.|
OSnap Time Lapse iOS App ProsCurrently available for free
Loads of customising options
Capable of producing stunning time laps videos
Can export the images to create higher resolutions videos
OSnap Time Lapse iOS App ConsLimits use of iPhone when recording
Will seriously reduce your battery power
|VALUE FOR MONEY|
The OSnap Time Lapse iOS iOS App is available from the iTunes Store for £1.99. For more information please visit the OSnap website.