Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5
Panasonic has announced the new Panasonic Lumix GF5, which replaces the now discontinued Panasonic Lumix GF3. The new GF5 has several updates when compared to the GF3, as well as a new rubber grip, it features a high resolution screen, improved AF performance, 14 creative effects and updated user interface as well as video recording enhancements.
Read our Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Hands-On Review!
Panasonic Lumix GF5 Key Features:
- New 12 megapixel Live MOS sensor
- 3inch 920k touch screen
- 0.09 second AF (compared to 0.1 second GF3)
- Venus Engine 7HD II - Offers increased ISO, High Dynamic Range, Multi Noise Reduction
- Expanded ISO range ISO160 - ISO12800
- Full HD Video recording with stereo sound and MP4 1080 now available
- 4fps continuous shooting (compared to 3.8 on GF3)
- 14 Creative Effects, 23 Scenes with guides
- Rotation detection
- Metal buttons on rear of camera - Additional display button
- Metal surround around lens mount
- Black or White body
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Specifications
|CCD pixels||12.1Mp (Megapixels)|
|Sensor Type||Live MOS Sensor|
|Sensor Size||Micro / Four Thirds|
|Sensor Size (width)||17.3mm|
|Sensor Size (height)||13mm|
|Screen resolution||920k dots|
|Shutter speeds shortest||1/4000sec|
|Shutter speeds longest||60sec|
|ISO sensitivity||160 - 12800|
|Viewfinder Resolution||No Data|
|Optical Zoom with Video||Yes|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Box Contents||Battery Charger, AV Cable, USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap, Stylus pen, CD-ROM|