Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Panasonic has launched the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1, the latest addition to its high-end compact range. It boasts a 12.1-megapixel MOS sensor and high ISO sensitivity for outstanding performance in low-light, as well as a host of other functions including an electronic viewfinder. The Lumix DMC-LF1 gives you complete control of your photography and, with Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity, lets you share images and video instantly.
Take a look at our Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Hands-On Preview.
Panasonic’s advanced optical technology has made it possible to fit a 28mm-200mm high performance lens into the Lumix DMC-LF1’s lightweight and compact body. The new F2.0 LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON lens will offer amazing image quality, even when you find yourself in low-light conditions. The high influx of light allows for faster shutter speeds, ensuring stunning, blur-free images. Similarly, the lens’ F2.0 aperture makes capturing professional looking photos with shallow depth of field and beautiful, warm backgrounds easier than ever before.
A 28-200mm wide angled lens with 7.1x optical zoom is designed to help you take perfect shots in a variety of shooting situations. From panoramic photos of rolling landscapes to intricate portrait shots, the Lumix DMC-LF1 offers consistently outstanding image quality and performance.
With the Lumix DMC-LF1’s new LEICA lens and a 12.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS Sensor, you can take advantage of a wonderfully wide dynamic range of 80 – 12800. Even when your composition includes a strong contrast of light and dark, the LUMIX DMC-LF1 is capable of taking high resolution images with stunning clarity.
The Lumix DMC-LF1’s impressive image quality is not limited to still photography. Despite its compact size, it is also capable of capturing beautiful, full HD 1920x1080 50i video recording, in both AVCHD Progressive and MP4 outputs.
A new 0.2-inch electronic viewfinder, in addition to the 3-inch LCD display, means you can choose a shooting configuration that perfectly suits your style. Similarly, a Control Ring at the base of the lens barrel makes it easy to manually control aperture, shutter speed and zoom with minimal movement, allowing you concentrate on your target and set up the camera for that perfect picture.
The Lumix DMC-LF1 also lets you add your own creative touches both before and after you’ve pressed the shutter. Creative Control and Creative Retouch include 15 filter effects and will help turn the most ordinary shots into truly artistic images. 13 of these filter effects can also be applied to panorama shots in Creative Panorama.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Key Features:
- High grade design: The Lumix DMC-LF1 features a slim, compact body for an unrivalled combination of mobility and performance.
- Bright, high quality Leica lens: The Leica DC Vario-Summicron 28mm Wide-Angle lens, with an aperture of up to F2.0, provides outstanding width and 7.1x Optical Zoom.
- Advanced low light performance: With a 12.1-megapixel MOS sensor, Venus Engine and an ISO range of 80-12,800, the Lumix DMC-LF1 minimises noise and renders smooth edges in the most challenging environments.
- Full HD video recording: The Lumix DMC-LF1 features 1920x1080 50i Full HD Video Recording (including both AVCHD and MP4 outputs).
- Maximising creative control: The Lumix DMC-LF1’s Control Ring provide you with full control over the camera’s settings to create beautiful effects. Similarly, Creative Control and Retouch let turn average snaps into extraordinary pictures and video.
- Versatile shooting: The Lumix DMC-LF1’s electronic viewfinder and 3” LCD lets you use a shooting display that suits your style.
- Connectivity and easy sharing: New levels of connectivity enable remote shooting, simple Wi-Fi setup and provide the easiest way to share your shots with the rest of the world.
- Additional features: The Lumix DMC-LF1 also includes features such as high speed burst shooting (10fps), quick start-up and autofocus to ensure you never miss a shot, and Power O.I.S. and level gauge functions to help you avoid blur and capture the exact picture you hoped for.
The Lumix DMC-LF1 will be available in July 2013 for £379. For more information, visit the Panasonic website.