Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
|Product:||Panasonic Panasonic Lumix GF3|
New Panasonic Lumix GF3 Micro Four Thirds Camera - Panasonic has announced the world's smallest compact system camera with built in flash and interchangeable lenses.
Panasonic has announced the new Panasonic Lumix GF3, the world's smallest interchangeable lens camera with built in flash. The camera is the smallest Micro Four Thirds camera to date, and features a 3 inch touch screen, built in pop up flash, 12.1 Live MOS sensor, ISO160-6400, 4fps shooting, Full HD video at 25fps, and weighs just 222grams. it will be available in White, Pink, Black, Red and Brown (depending on location). The camera has a quick menu / customisable button, as well as a scroll wheel on the back, and will be available in mid-July priced at £499 with 14-42mm kit lens.
Panasonic Lumix GF3 Key features:
- Image Sensor 12.1 MP LIVE MOS
- Engine Venus Engine VII HD
- ISO setting Auto / Intelligent ISO / 160 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400
- AF speed Approx 0.18 seconds (* The time for focusing on the subject is measured with LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm / F4.0-5.8 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-VS014140) to move the lens position to “2m” from “infinity” position. The zoom position is in wide range. Panasonic measurement method.
- Burst shoot: 4 fps (12.1MP)
- Movie recording: AVCHD Full HD (1080i, sensor output 25fps)
- LCD Screen: 3.0”, 3:2, 460K dots Touch LCD
- Size: 107.5 x 67.1 x 32.0mm
- Weight: 222g
- Built-in Flash: GN6
- Interface: HDMI, Digital AV Out
Press Release: 13th June 2011
The Panasonic LUMIX GF3: Get more from every moment
Slim, stylish and easy to use, the LUMIX GF3 captures the moments you want to remember in exceptional detail
Panasonic has today launched the LUMIX GF3, its smallest and lightest interchangeable lens LUMIX G system camera*. Easy to use and bursting with features, the LUMIX GF3 puts high-quality images in the palm of your hand.
Get more from every moment
With an image sensor far larger than those found in point-and-shoot cameras and superior image processing, the LUMIX GF3 allows you to get the picture quality you would expect from a large, bulky DSLR camera. But with a compact design that fits in your pocket, the LUMIX GF3 gives you high-end photography you can take anywhere:
· Innovative design: New breakthroughs in innovative design means the LUMIX GF3 is Panasonic’s small and light interchangeable lens camera, but still packed full of advanced technology. With an aluminium chassis, built-in flash, easy-to-handle grip and a choice of four colours, the LUMIX GF3 will be the perfect everyday companion.
· Take the step to high quality photography: A Micro Four Thirds 12.1-megapixel Live MOS sensor offers gives both superior image quality and low power consumption. The advanced sensor, alongside the high-performance Venus Engine VII HD images processor, lets you take beautiful photos and high-definition movies wherever you are, even when shooting in low-light situations.
· Full HD Movies: The LUMIX GF3’s quality advances are not restricted to still photos. Now you can record the world around you in stunning AVCHD Full HD (1080i, sensor output 25fps), with Dolby sound. With full time Auto Focus and Auto Focus Tracking, the camera will automatically lock onto the subject of your movie and follow it even as it moves. A dedicated button on the top lets you instantly start recording movies when a sudden opportunity arises.
See more of your world
Your world is unique, and the LUMIX GF3 puts advanced features at your fingertips to capture the world as only you see it. You can make creative changes with just a touch of the LCD screen making it easy to experiment, while the automatic functions give you professional results, instantly:
· Get the perfect result: With the High-resolution Live View system, you can see how the settings will affect the image before you shoot, making it easier to capture exactly the mood or atmosphere you want. The stunning 3 inch wide-viewing angle LCD screen features the simple touch screen operation you expect from your essential gadgets
· Touch control shooting: The LUMIX GF3’s intuitive touch screen lets you have full control over your photos, with ease. Focus and defocus can be set immediately to the subject or to the background, with just one touch of the large LCD screen
· Rich colour reproduction with Intelligent D-range Control: With Intelligent D-range Control, the LUMIX GF3 allows photographers of all levels to achieve the rich colour reproduction expected by professionals. Colours appear more natural than ever, as the camera optimises the exposure and ensures that gradation and individual details are artfully reproduced.
· Absolute creative control: The GF3’s Creative Control mode lets you add visual effects to your photos that have previously required software post processing, including Retro, High Key, Sepia and High Dynamic. In addition, portrait presets allow finer adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation and noise reduction to get the perfect shot.
· Intelligent Auto Plus functionality: Featuring Panasonic’s Intelligent Auto Plus (iA+), the LUMIX GF3 lets you take professional-level shots, even if you’re a beginner or need to shoot instantly:
o Reducing blurring: MEGA O.I.S (Optical Image Stabilising) helps prevent blurring from hand-shake
o Motion detection: Intelligent ISO Control reduces motion blur by adjusting the ISO sensitivity if the subject moves as the shot is taken
o Intelligent set-up: With Intelligent Scene Selector the camera automatically switches to the appropriate mode according to the subject touched. For example, a touch on a human face switches to the portrait mode and a touch on the background to the scenery mode
o Face Recognition: Face Recognition can automatically remember your friend and family and adjust focus, exposure, contrast on them so the photos turn out exactly as you want
· Taking photography to the next dimension: The LUMIX GF3 also lets you add an extra dimension to your photography skills, with high-quality 3D still photography with the LUMIX G 3D 12.5mm / F12 lens. The lens produces 3D photos without distortion or time lag between left and right images, even for moving objects
Take more control:
Fast, accurate, and intuitive, the LUMIX GF3 lets you take instant control of your photography. The easy-to-operate advanced controls, including choice of a control wheel and an advanced touch LCD screen means you can get the results to suit you:
· Outstanding speed: For exceptional photography, speed is of the essence. High-definition burst shooting at 4 FPS means you can pick out the perfect shot from a fast moving subject, while the LUMIX GF3 focuses automatically in approximately 0.18 seconds, meaning you’ll never miss the moment. Once you’ve locked the focus onto the subject with just one touch, the GF3’s AF Tracking mode will follow it even if as it moves.
· Control-wheel An innovative control wheel – featured for the first time in a Panasonic LUMIX G series camera – lets you easily scroll through your images and the camera’s key functions.
· Intuitive auto-focus: The AF is not only fast but extremely accurate, letting you get the perfect shots when a sudden opportunity arises. You can choose from a wide range of AF modes – including Pinpoint AF which allows extremely precise near–pixel-level focus point calibration with the touch of your finger. In contrast to other technologies that limit the number of fixed hardware focus points, Panasonic’s Pinpoint AF can be set by touch control to very fine points anywhere on the LCD screen.
· Built-in flash: With an integrated flash, the GF3 gives you take the perfect photos, whatever the light level. With just a press of a button, the spring-loaded flash mechanism will be ready to use.
· The world’s largest range of Micro Four Thirds lenses: The LUMIX GF3 gives you the widest range of Micro Four Thirds lenses to choose from to make sure you have the right set up for the right job, including the newly unveiled H-H025 25mm/F1.4 lens.
* With built in flash, as of date of release