Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Panasonic has announced a new firmware update for the Panasonic Lumix GH2, read our review here, the updates improve on the camera's video recording quality, by adding several desirable features. The updates include:
- 25p mode
- New 24MBps bit rate
- Full area touch LCD
- Lumix X lens compatability
From Panasonic: Panasonic Announces the Firmware Update Program for DMC-GH2 and PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition
Panasonic announces the new firmware update program for the digital interchangeable lens system cameras DMC-GH2 of LUMIX G Micro System and for the GH2 bundled software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition.
The following functions will be available with the new firmware:
- New video mode which is suitable for editing video recorded at high bit rate (24Mbps)
- New functional option with Power Zoom Lens ([DISP FOCAL LENGTH (Display of Focal Length)], [STEP ZOOM], [ZOOM RESUME], [ZOOM SPEED] and [ZOOM RING *])
- Full area enlargement of AF area setting
- Improvement in the speed of consecutive shooting when shot with auto bracket
- Increased number of recordable images in consecutive shooting
- [EX.TELE CONV. (Extra Tele Conversion)] can be set ON/OFF separately in photo or video recording
- More accurate light adjustment of built-in flash
- Improvement in the AF performance in video recording
- Synchronization of alarm volume for low battery with [BEEP VOLUME]
- New [HALF-PRESS RELEASE] function
- Improved NR(Noise Reduction) in high sensitivity shooting
- ON/OFF control of the touch-screen
For PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition
- Compatible with new video mode added with the GH2 firmware update mentioned above
* Available with LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. only.