Paragon Software Group (PSG), the technology leader in innovative data security and data management solutions, today announced the immediate availability of Drive Backup 9.0 Personal and Professional Editions. These new versions of Paragon’s award-winning Drive Backup data and system backup software provide home PC and home office users with a new approach to file-level backup along with a powerful system restore functionality. Now consumers can easily create a bootable, portable rescue USB flash drive to keep handy at all times. Two versions of the new Drive Backup 9.0 are available:
Personal, which includes file backup, entire PC backup and powerful recovery tools; and Professional, which is targeted to more advanced users, and leverages technology from Paragon Drive Backup Business solutions to let advanced users create a more professional personal backup and recovery tool.
Paragon's Drive Backup 9.0 features maximum ease-of-use and adds new functionalities, including an innovative file-level protection system that allows users to protect all files, including emails, Outlook files, photos, music, videos, spreadsheets and other documents from damage through the creation of a backup copy. Drive Backup 9.0 differs from competing offerings in that it utilises a file-level protection system that allows the product to backup open and in-use files, creating a comprehensive backup system which combines the benefits of both disk-snapshot-based and file-based backup approaches.
Konstantin Komarov, CEO of Paragon Software noted that: “Drive Back up 9 users can rest assured that, in the event of a system crash, they will always have the ability to restore their PCs to their original, problem-free state, in one of many recovery environments. Whether on the PC itself or any external media device, including portable USB flash drives or Blu-ray disks, Drive Backup 9.0 provides more recovery options than competitors’ offerings in the backup market – and proves that you can indeed take it with you."
Drive Backup 9.0 gives users the ability to create a bootable USB Flash drive with the Paragon Recovery Environment. By using the standard Boot Media Builder, included with Drive Backup 9.0, users can place a USB Flash drive in the Paragon Linux/Dos Recovery Environment, and a set of additional recovery tools for fixing boot problems and extracting files becomes instantly available.
Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 key features:
- File-Level Backup/Restore – Provides full file-level backup/restore functionality including incremental backups.
- Option to Exclude Files/Folders – Ability to exclude files or folders from a backup archive.
- Complete Recovery Environment on USB Flash Drive – The Recovery Media Builder allows the user to create bootable recovery media on a USB flash drive then boot the PC and perform any operations directly from flash drive in case of the operating system corruption or boot problems.
- Recovery Environment – Supports a wide range of hardware configurations.
- Disk-Based Backup and Restore in Minutes – Backs up the whole hard disk to separate hard disk, or external media providing complete protection from viruses, trojans as well as hardware failures and human mistakes that can cause the significant loss of data.
- Blu-ray Disk Support – Allows burning of backup archives to Blu-ray discs.
- Dual Boot Backup – Provides dual recovery environments for bootable backup.
- Apple Boot Camp Configuration Support – Provides technology that allows users to set up dual boot system (Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista) on Intel-based Macs using Boot Camp utility.
Pricing and availability:
Priced at £15.95 or the Personal version and £39.95 for the Professional version, Paragon’s Drive Backup 9.0 is available now from the Paragon website.